segurcommyd

Problem with Diginet Site and DDNS

Hi, i have a problem to connect with DDNS on the DigitalNet Center application. In our system we have IP Dynamic but i had created a DynDNS account. Basically the question is that if there is a method in the DigitalNet Center to solution the problem in Site Connection. Because all the time i must change the Ip Number from the Site when i wish to connect to DigitalNet Site and in Ip Number, i can't type the domain i just created with DynDns. The only solution at this moment is to do a PING in command line and then refresh the ip in the DigitalNet Center.

I saw that i can use the DDNS Client but i don't now how it's configurated.

I hope that excist a solution to my problem.

Sorry about my english but i'm from argentine.

I saw that i can use the DDNS Client but i don't now how it's configurated.

This is what you need to do.

Install their client software and try to get it running, when you get stimped post back and I/we'll help. It's not too difficult of a process to get going.

English is good, no worries.

Hi, thanks for your answer. But i don't know how i configure the DDNS Client. I have a domain "sabrosisimo*dvrdns*org" and i would like to entry this domain into Diginet Center program, otherwise i must do a ping in the command line to obtain the ip from these moment and then i must go to the configuration of the connection in Diginet Center and update the information. Do you know if using DDNS Client i obtain a solution?

Actually the Diginet programs (Site an Center) are ok.

---

The DDNS Client only runs in remote PC or i must run in Server too?.

And in the configuration of DDNS Client, it's has a ID Account an a pass..where i obtain the information?

Thanks...John Paul

configure your ddns to your router and configure port forwarding

yups correct.

first thing u need to set as a statip ip at your cctv pc, and then you log in to the router, need some configuration at your router, do a port forwarding, and thats all

The basic problem he's having is that Diginet only lets you enter in an IP address to connect to, not a name.

ie you can enter 210.210.210.210 but not google . com

And no I don't have an answer to your question.

The DigiNet 4.X client will allow you to type in a name, but it is restricted to 15 characters.

DigiNet 5.1 Server and client will allow you to connect to a longer name. But there is an upgrade cost.

u need to do port forwarding, and configure your router...

but if u running on the windows xp. please maku sure u disable firewall

If the client software doesn't support DNS then you will need to continue to use ping>s -PRIVACY- o*dvrdns*org. Really thats probably the fastest way to resolve your DNS manually.

Looks like a software upgrade is in order.