sinbad

IR Housing ?

Hi all,

I need to use a standard box cam but wish to have an IR for night vision.

extreme cctv products are too pricey for the client and a bullet with IR built in will not do this time.

(BTW does the bullet camera pass NEC inspection without proper tubing when installed outdoor?! I usually use standard box housing with liquid-tight and not sure if exposed wire passes or not... )

So I was looking at using an enclosure with LEDs on it, like [edit by mod - store link removed] , but was wondering if I need to run extra wire for powering the LEDs? and how good are they?

also after some quality time with google I see few IR lenses like [edit by mod - store link removed] but really not sure which way to go....

can you guys please shade some light (IR ) on me?

thanks in advance for any input.

just buy an IR spotlight and put the cam inside with a rubber or foam gasket

to stop bleed.

there are many that will fit and have a clear glass front.

z

thanks guys for the replies.

@cctv_down_under I assume you talking about using the lens filter if i go the IR housing way correct?

did you had any past experience with these devices? are they reliable and perform OK if i don't have the means for another IR device?

thanks again.

was also considering using an IR dome instead, not sure if they'll do the job i need there; however the question i have is that i don't see any brand name that makes dome with LEDs, only china crap; and was wondering if this is really the case or if i just don't know where to search? and if someone knows the reason why it's not popular with brand names to see them with IR.

IR on the actual camera sucks, thats why you don't see many name brands doing it. Mount your IR seperately if you really must have IR, otherwise install a regular light and capture better evidence.