daklabs

"universal remote viewing" software for SSC17WEB

I bought the samsung SSC17WEB and I can view it remotely except that the remote viewing software (Samsung Digit-All Dual Quad Viewer) that runs on the remote computer will only allow 10 minutes of recording time. I called up Samsung (GVI) and they said that's by design. They suggested that I use a different remote viewing program but had no suggestions. Question: is there "universal remote viewing" software that will allow me to capture the streaming video images from my dedicated IP address?

Goal 1 is to record for as long as I want

Goal 2 to be able to zoom-the cameras/system has this ability but not with the remote view software.

I've dowlnloaded a bunch of Video Capture Programs from Cnet to try to record remotely, for as long as I want, however none of them seems to work. Help?

I am sorry. I will not be able to help you with this one.

I do not carry the Samsung line of DVRs. I have no information on this.

I do not provide software for the purposes that you have described, and therefore I leave you stranded with a problem.

I like your idea of having an onsite recording device, and I like your idea of having remote video recording.

I wonder if you can use a video web server? You can take the video of one camera, and you can have that as a live feed for recording.

You could also use the multi screen output of your DVR, and hook this up to the video web server.

There are many software choices to do as you have asked. Did you see any on the forum threads that caught your attention?

If you give us a detailed "story" of what you are trying to accomplish, then we could give you a more detailed design to get you on the right track.

Try some of the companies that advertise on the banner ads. There are very talented individuals who have done exactly what you have described. They would be of more help then I could ever try. If you cannot find a video web server through the forums advertiser then let me know, and I will set you up with one.

I have my clients DVR set up using the software. If someone comes in to the nightclub, or bar after hours the DVR will send the video to the remote computer. The computer at their house will sound an alarm (if they have speakers hooked up), and there will be a film strip icon on the desk top. When you click this icon it will give you the video of the event. If more than one camera is activated then the owner will receive several icons with the video clips. This is a way to save my customers some money.

If there are two owners, and they were both at home watching the video on the DVR then one owner can use the CHAT feature with the remote software, and they can talk to each other, and compare notes.

A manager may have come back after hours triggering the alarm mode, but the first owner may have sent the manager back for a task, and the first owner did not pass on this info to the second owner. The second owner may falsely believe the manager has come back in to take something such as cash, or liquor from the locked store room.

This approach seems to work for most of my clients.

My DVR will allow me to hook up several more hard drives should they need expand the storage capacity of the DVR. There is a special plug on the back of the DVR, and I can plug in the storage array with three more hard drives!

You can find these DVRs located with the companys located in the banner ads. If they cannot help you with the style of DVRs that I provide let me know, and I will help.

I appreciate the email, and look forward to seeing you on the forum!

Scorpion