GarryVK

Anyone use Intelicam dvmr units?

I was in a business that was using the 8 channel version, they dont have cameras 5-8 on actual buttons, you have to swicyth to that mode using one of the other buttons, for full screen I mean. Seems ok, cameras they were using were shabby so hard to tell. Uses same Remote Software as HiSharp and others, that common black DVR Software found on all cheap DVRs.

Good pricing is right, is that the manufacturer selling direct though?? Ill check it out somemore and maybe someone else has tested these to let us know some hands on.

From the specs, limited multi screen displays, compared to similar priced HiSharp. But it has a couple extra specs.

Id be interested to know if you can back up a movie file using the remote software, as with the HiSharp using same software you cannot, only Jpeg.

Rory

We put in about five of them. A couple of really bad things about them:

1 You can't adjust the recording quality, only switch between feild and mux. Mux still looks really bad.

2 not very user friendly to the customer. Still get calls all the time to how to use the thing.

3 they way it is setup to mark/save clips is really bad. Looks like you can only save individual shots, not video

It's kind of funny, on Intellicams website they compare the unit to a Av Tech DVR. I personally compared the same unit with the Av Tech one and thought the Av Tech one was alot better. They main reason I picked up the Av Tech one was because they are using wavelet, and i was tired of the chitty recording quality of the Argus/ Intellicam one. The recording quality is so much better. The thing with the Av Tech is that it looks pretty cheap, but they way the menus/software is layed out is alot better. The thing is we put one in, and 2 days later the HD died. I am a little sceptical ow, because a I heard that the Av Tech's DVR have a power supply problem.

I am going to try one of these next:

http://www.hunt.com.tw/Products/01.asp?adaType=H06&adaArticleID=113&txtSearch=

(might not work so go to http://www.hunt.com.tw/ and find HDR-04MP

same compession but atleast you can adjust the recording quality.

Here is another one I haven't tried:

http://www.cctvworks.com/store/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=PDR-400&Category_Code=DVRS

Anyone know about the Merit Li-Lin compared to the Hunt one?

Fredrik

Compared the specs and they are identical. It seems like the Merit Li-Lin runs directly on 110V + No pull out drive. Only difference I could see.

How much is the Hunt one though? I imagine it is more than these? Hunt's DVR record quality is not that high thouge, 640x only. I may be wrong though, maybe all these low end DVRs may have the same quality level. Everfocus is around the same, playback of recorded Video is not as good as the more expensive units. HiSharp's 16 channel has higher quality playback, havent tried their $569 4 channel yet though so it may be different, their web site sais 720x480 though.

I dont see any Audio inputs on the Hunt one though, where Merlit Lim has one. Check out Hisharps 4 channel also, $569 dealer price. Removable HD. For the price, good quality playback and remote live video, remote search sucks though (at least in the 16 channel we bought for $1000)

The Hunt one is $540 dealer price. Don't no about the Merit Lin-Le dealer price. They are in L.A. so i am going to go down and try one. Went on there website and downloaded the manual. Did not say anything about audio or networking on the site. Might be outdated. Will find out. I read through the manual and the more I like it. Looks very easy to use, using 110V direct and have a feature that if the customer reviews material, and forgets to start recording again, the unit will automatically start after a period you set.

I think the networking all suck on these units, but for $500... I just want a unit that is stable, looks good, easy to use and have good recording quality. The networking playback part I don't really care about. We do alot of $3000 jobs, (the going rate for a 4 cam system in small shops) and don't want more phone calls then necisarry.

I think the line rate matters but I think the compession level is more crucial ( I might be wrong). On these cheaper systems we usally just use a 14" TV vith VCR built in for back-up, so I don't know if you can see much of a difference. Thinking of using the highest one with a slow frame rate.

The Hunt one is $540 dealer price. Don't no about the Merit Lin-Le dealer price. They are in L.A. so i am going to go down and try one. Went on there website and downloaded the manual. Did not say anything about audio or networking on the site. Might be outdated. Will find out. I read through the manual and the more I like it. Looks very easy to use, using 110V direct and have a feature that if the customer reviews material, and forgets to start recording again, the unit will automatically start after a period you set.

I think the networking all suck on these units, but for $500... I just want a unit that is stable, looks good, easy to use and have good recording quality. The networking playback part I don't really care about. We do alot of $3000 jobs, (the going rate for a 4 cam system in small shops) and don't want more phone calls then necisarry.

I think the line rate matters but I think the compession level is more crucial ( I might be wrong). On these cheaper systems we usally just use a 14" TV vith VCR built in for back-up, so I don't know if you can see much of a difference. Thinking of using the highest one with a slow frame rate.

I know what you mean. Im starting a seperate company/department just to do low end jobs. Will leave the higher end products for the higher end clients and keep the catalogues and company name seperate, or department seperate. Maybe ill call the low end one, Gravy CCTV, like for my gravy money, to pay for Food, Bills, etc!!

Like you, im too just letting them use a TV on the lower end units mostly, especially home users who can use their existing TVs AV input. Let me know how that one is.

Called Meril Li Lin

4 Channel DVR:

1. 1 Channel Audio

2. Ethernet

3. 4 levels of MJPEG quality

4. runs on 110 Volt directly no adapter

$499 80gig HD

$530 120

Sounds perfect for the donut shops. Will get one for the next job in a week or so. I heard that they are making quality products.

They are doing a us web site with updated info right now.

I may be wrong, but alot of the cheap DVRs that claim 120pps are doing that in low quality (VCR), then in high quality (720x480) normally goes down to 30 or 15pps??

Intellicam dvr's work like this:

1.Mux setting: Will record each camera separate.

Quad: Will record all 4 cameras as 1 image. On playback if you pick 1 channel it will show you basically 1 quarter of the origional image blown up. Looks really, really bad!

2. Frames: You have 60 frames total to play with.

In mux mode the 60 frames will be divided by 4 for a total of 15 frames per sec per camera.

In quad 60 frames per "quad" screen since in reality you are only recording 1 image.

This DVR uses MJpeg. I read somewhere that each image size is around 8 k. The Merit Li-Lin uses MJpeg also. The image size goes from 6k - 22k.

My logical conclusion tells me that if 2 dvr's are using the same compression format (MJpeg, whitch someone else invented no matter how much they claim theirs is proprietary) and the highest size of the Intellicam dvr is 8 K and the highest size of the Merit one is 22K, the Merit one is going to look alot better, no matter the line screen claim.

I have personable experiance with the Intellicam dvr's and the recording quality look like ****.

I will get a Merit Li-Lin DVR in the next 2 weeks and try it out. So far everything it looks very interesting and it have everything i want from a $500 DVR.

Want to check out the recording quality just, but as i said, a 22k image should look better then a 8 K image.

Tired of looking for a cheap, good DVR so i hope this is the one.

I sell the AVTech one, it is very basic but the cheapest on the market at $100US as for the merit one, looks Identical to the one that we bought from Vidog, actually think i might still have some in stock, they were pretty reasonable but not all that impressive, I am still looking for a decent 16ch one that does not cost too much, awaiting on some samples from Sungjin, they look pretty impressive