laidback_rob

need help to choose remote view software-2 generic cctv+dvr

Hello everyone....nice community....

just spent about 30 mins searching for an answer and no luck so please excuse me if this has been asked before...

I have a client who has 3 locations with a 4 camera setup at each location. The cameras are all coax wired to a generic dvr box, which displays on a cctv display. the dvr box is on a lan, and is accessible from the internet for viewing with some "Generic" remote viewer application.

Everything is working BUT

on his laptop when he connects to the different cameras he has to use 2 different installed versions of generic "remote viewer" program.

the dvr boxes are all different "generic" types, it seems the 2 different generic remote viewer programs don't support all 3 different kind of dvr's.

Is there a piece of software I can use/buy that will replace this generic remote viewer that you folks can recommend? All the solutions referred to so far are big corp type packages which usually require a server connecting to all the dvr's and then you connect to the server to view....

thanks!

by the way the target remote viewing client is a laptop with verizon wireless and windows xp

if there was a piece of software that also did this for PDA/WM5-6 smartphones i'd be interested as well!

Nope, he is stuck with whichever software comes with those DVRs ..

Even if they all look the same, normally they would have customized them to only work with their DVRs.

PS. welcome to the forum.

I do not know what DVRs you are using.

If by chance you are using Video Server S, and Video Server E, then you can Video Server E to look at both systems.

Beyond that I have no help to offer.

I do not know what DVRs you are using.

If by chance you are using Video Server S, and Video Server E, then you can Video Server E to look at both systems.

Beyond that I have no help to offer.

nah thats AvTech, either will work, but he has different DVRs as far as I can tell. There was a generic software going around, that the various budget DVRs used (not AvTech though as they have their own). Black, with green or blue.

genericsoft.gif

Yes. I have seen this on the orbix systems.

My demo DVR uses this software, but it is an older version.