carcarcarcarcar

Car being vandalised, advice on recording the criminals?

My car is parked in a lane behind the house, and often behind my garage (which is not big enough for my car sadly).

Over the past weeks I have had a series of petty things being broken and or removed. Number plate smashed to pieces and ripped off, 4 tow ball caps and now a snapped aerial. This is increasingly annoying and stressful, so I am hoping to put this to an end.

Perhaps I should mount a camera inside the car facing back (I reckon the tow ball cap if replaced would go within 48hrs and could be a good target for the camera to watch), or perhaps I could put something discrete in the garage (in the window or at roof-line). Should I use wireless or motion detection? How would I recored the footage?

I would be grateful if someone could suggest the kit I should use to record the culprits (on a small budget if possible).

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks

budget........park car in lighted area and use a mincam to record.

other; 4 channel DVR with a decent low light bullet cam. budget; eclipse

I'd set them up and hide the camera(s) in a good location away from the vehicle. Run the cable back to the garage to the DVR if you have power there..make sure it is secure...if not, run the cables back to the house......

record and wait

-you need to deter them!

a picture of them doing something bad at 3 in the morning is not really useful the police could not care less. [for hunting them down yourself yes]

I would go for a 1000w sensor light -light the area up with 1000s of watts of light it may just light your car up so they can see what to steal tho

but will give your camera a good shot -Black n white IR is ok but colour better

Once I put a microwave sensor in the bumper of my 4x4 so at night it would

put the brake lights on for 10 seconds -IF they are 30 feet away they will think you are around.

my 2c

i had the same issue - I installed four IR bullet cams on each of the four pillars looking out the opposite windows - 4 Ch mobile DVR runs on 12vdc - ignition mod relay, so when the car was switched off the DVR operated - then used a wireless broadband modem with static IP.

Park your car - Load your web browser (and your 12 gauge) - and wait.