sinbad

36 camera system

Hi all,

facing the question of more than 32 cams on one system I was wondering if anyone can recommend/suggest a solution what are my options?

GV only supports 16cams max,

AverMedia lets me put 2 DVR in the same box but that's 32 cam top.

I see some legendary 32-64 CH DVR cards on ebay, search for the seller "rshadman"

did anyone have past experience with that system?

the provided specs are pretty limited.

what do u pros doing when need more than 32 cams?

They are CIF only, go multiple with multiple DVRs.

Sucks you have 36 cam, with say 50 it's would be an obvious choice. Actually I would add / remove cams to make this as cost effective as possible. If you have 4 you can loose, they can have spares / dummies.

Oh IIRC you can take an Aver 32 channel and an Aver embedded 4 and combine them in the CM3000 (free CS software).

Thanks Collin for the reply.

problem is I need to wire additional 9 cameras for future needs.

you are right they only support CIF.

still i wonder how a small company could make these boards and put 4 of them on one PC when GV/AverMedia can't yet?

So i guess if i want to give same quality to the client I'm looking at 3X killer rig with 3 GV/AverMedia boards in it connected with CMS?

finally i understand why GV put developed Center V2

Thanks Collin for the reply.

problem is I need to wire additional 9 cameras for future needs.

you are right they only support CIF.

still i wonder how a small company could make these boards and put 4 of them on one PC when GV/AverMedia can't yet?

So i guess if i want to give same quality to the client I'm looking at 3X killer rig with 3 GV/AverMedia boards in it connected with CMS?

finally i understand why GV put developed Center V2

For Geovision you would need 3 DVRS, with Avermedia you only need 2. You can stack their 6480Express for 32 channels in one DVR.

Why not just use multiple DVR ?

Simple, with redundency jus tin case 1 DVR broke down due to watever reason, the other still operate. Put all > 32 cameras into a single box, the box failed, there goes your entire system.

Also, most system that support > 32 cameras per box are damm expensive. Enterprise level equipments. It may be well cheaper to get smaller box and connect them up.

Lots of DVR have CMS features that enable you to connect vie network multiple DVRs together and manage them virtually as system.

I know of 1 such system that can combine up to 300 x 16chs DVR (That's like 4800 Cameras Total, but of course i never try it out at such specs, soon i'll be trying another system with 30 different sites using 4 chs dvr at each site), with a 64 Cameras View at anytime, and u can create your own virtual DVR (combine different DVR's cameras for a different layout/view).

1 more thing.. actually anything more than 16 on a screen will be too small for monitoring. The system will have to support multiple monitors to be useful, unless of course live monitoring is not part of your requirements.

I've put 64 Cam on a 32" LCD. Still too small for imho.