nyvolvolvr

Bosch & Pelco Comparision

Hello all,

I'm having a large CCTV system installed at a site and would like to know if there is a difference between Bosch and Pelco cameras. Is one better then the other in terms of reliability, installation, cost, etc?

Thanks,

Why only Bosch and Pelco? There are others such as Panasonic, GE, Sanyo, etc ..

No one manufacturer makes cameras for every situation .. best to look around for the best camera for the application.

No one manufacturer makes cameras for every situation .. best to look around for the best camera for the application.

Currently, our vendor installing the CCTV system feels Pelco has the best offering, they do say good things about Bosch, however have yet to install.

We have sites nationwide and it was felt that it was best to standardize on Pelco cameras, which we have done for years. I felt I should venture out and try Bosch.

Exactly. We use Pelco, Ganz, Ikegami, Dallmeier and, occasionally other brands, depending on the application.

There are no camera manufacturers whose products are ideal for every situation. By all means, try Bosch. But don't preclude others.

Yup sticking to 1 brand will probably get you screwed. Pelco or Bosch damn sure wouldn't be the one I would pick either.

Might consider another contractor, or better yet specify what you want.

You can still be standardized though, it's just cam>function rather then cam>brand standard.