Guest JOINDVR

Why not use number 1 PCI slot for Geovision cards?

Hi!

I read in many topics that you shall not use PCI slot number 1 when using Geovision card. Is this a fact or just a myth and why shall we not use it?

JD

Because its too close to the AGP or PCI-e Video card.

Someone once mentioned it was related to the available frames on the first slot, or something like that, though I would imagine all the PCI slots will run the same speeds.

Either way, hardware has changed alot since then.

Someone once mentioned it was related to the available frames on the first slot, or something like that, though I would imagine all the PCI slots will run the same speeds.

So it may be more of a heat issue then, since if Geo cards gets to hot they slow down performance.

JD

So it may be more of a heat issue then, since if Geo cards gets to hot they slow down performance.

JD

I dont know .. but having too many cards close to each other can also prevent some air flow I imagine. Any thing that gets too hot can slow down its performance though.