GunRunner1

light flicker on momitor

Hi,

I'm a newby and need help.

I have a 16 cn. DVR/PC. and 5 camera's of different brands. I built wooden boxes to mount the camera's in and mounted them in trees. 3 of them have the cheep sysease cable, 1 has the heaver cable bought on a spool 1 has RG-58 with 18 ga. wire ran to the power supply. At first everything worked great. Then I moved my system to another room. Still worked great. It rained and I think that may have started the problem. All the pictures on the monitor (old pc IBM) started to flicker kind a like a light going on and off other than that no other problems. I left town fo 2 weeks when I returned I had no pictures. So I disconnected everything. I was using individual 24 volt power supplies. I have a 8 camera 24 volt power supply, so I hooked them up to it and connected the DVR/PC and the monitor 2 a power strip and plugged it into the a.c. outlet that the power supply was connected to. The camera's worked again but they still have the flicker. I took a extra camera a new symease cable and hooked it up inside and disconnected all other camera's it has a slight flicker. When I connect the other camera's up the flicker increases.

Please help

Thanks,

GunRunner1

have you checked what output your getting from the PSU's?

whether they have been affected by the water and are loading too much?

I tryed another camera, RG-59 and a seperate power suppy. It still has a slight flicker. The outdoor camera's have more flicker and cause the test camera to flicker more.

I wonder if the outdoor camera's some how damaged my DRV?

It worked fine befor the rain/

Have you tried the cameras local, ie with a short test cable going into dvr?

If they work ok that way, then its a cable or power issue.

Is the monitor ok, have you tried viewing something other than cameras on it to see if the flicker goes away?

yes, i tryed different coax, power suppy and camera's directly from the dvr as a test. they all have a slight flicker not as bad as my outdoor cam's.

this system is also a computer and there is no flicker looking at other thing's.

It's hard to explain on one cam it appears as the edges get dark and a faint line in the center. on others the lighted area's flicker.

another thin that has happenned is i get the same picture on 2 channels. I have one camera connected to cn.1 and the same image appears on cn. 7.

You are doomed!

Lets try to fix it.

How far do your cables run?

If it worked before, it should work again.

I believe you have bad crimp on bnc connectors. You will need to buy two new ones, and replace both ends of one cable. If this solves the problem then replace all of your connectors.

OR

if all of your cameras are blinking in, and out then you may have a bad power socket. Use an extension cord, and plug your setup in a different socket somewhere else.

Hope this helps!