parman

gv data capture issue

I bought two v3 gv datacapture units. I want to hook them up using the ethernet port which I didn't even know existed until after I bought them. The v3e is the only one that is supposed to have ethernet however these were exactly the same but the ethernet port had silver tape over. Does anyone know if the ethernet port can be used, does it need jumper on the inside of the box istalled or do I need to send these ones back and get the v3e's with the ethernet port already active.

Thanks for any help

I bought two v3 gv datacapture units. I want to hook them up using the ethernet port which I didn't even know existed until after I bought them. The v3e is the only one that is supposed to have ethernet however these were exactly the same but the ethernet port had silver tape over. Does anyone know if the ethernet port can be used, does it need jumper on the inside of the box istalled or do I need to send these ones back and get the v3e's with the ethernet port already active.

Thanks for any help

I am not sure how they have done it, but if there is some hardware parts that are different you might have a challange. It could also be just some chips on the printcard that could be changed, but then you would get them from somewhere. Well I took me the time now to look inside a GV-DC 3E and it seems they have a small card that is the controller for the Network card/port, this looks very much the same way they have done it on the new GV-AS200 Access System, same controller card for Network interface there as well. So my guess is that you do not have that NIC (printcard). Anyway I have taken a photo for you to look at and then you can compare.

GV_DC_V3E.JPG

JD

JOINDVR is correct, the V3 does not have the extra card within the unit. You should be able to purchase this board as an upgrade from your GeoVision supplier.

Just out of curiosity, how many registers are you trying to capture...if only one you may not need the box at all

I have two cash registers. Gilbarco G-Site Master and Slave.

How would you capture with no box?

me 2 like 2 learn.....

JD