CCTVINSTALLER

Mulitple monitors with Geo

How would you go about adding additional monitors to a Geovision system. I have sold the customer a GV650-8 way system with an ATI 9600 video card. He wants to add an existing CCTV monitor so he can view the cameras at the front of the store. I have connected the monitor direct to the video card, but i seem to get a pink screen when ever i connect a camera, would i need to purchase the REAL DSP card?. any suggestions?

Thanks

Which output on your graphics card are you using for the CCTV monitor?

If you are using the S-Video Out from your graphics card, this may not work due to DirectX being used to deliver the full screen view on your PC monitor.

You can either;

Turn off Enable DirectDraw Overlay, from under System Configure - This will degrade your live view of GeoVision, but will not effect the recorded footage.

Buy a DSP Real TIme Card - This will give you a superior live image on both the PC monitor and the DSP out (your existing CCTV monitor)

Yeah a splitter would do the trick except if you have multiple cameras and only a single input on the monitor.

to top it off you will also need to amp the signal otherwise it will be very dark on the monitor.

I would probably just get it to work with the video out on the graphics card. I do know there was an issue with pink screens just cant remember what the fix was.

It is the interlacing that is the problem, fsome video cards support it some dont, it is the hardware overlay that is causing the pink screens, make sure your card supports it, plug in the monitor before booting up the machine...it must be detected on boot.. also rather than the DSP card, simply buy a cheap (looping) switcher, this way you can choose what is on other monitor and unless he wants to control it (stop the sequence) it is no more cabling at all, juts mount it on the top of the DVR.. if he wants control, then it is more cabling and the DSP would be more suited.

Three choices.... Coverted mirror image from vid card..

......DSP card, (no GUI also real time + massive picture improvement)

... cheap looping switcher