GunRunner1

What type of bulbs should I use for exterior lights

How far is the area that you want to illuminate from the place that the bulb, and socket are located.

Are you more interested in a wide path of lit area, or are you more interested in a narrow, but deep area of lighting?

This would determine the kind of bulbs you would use.

Most motion detection lights with two bulbs will illuminate out to 40 feet, and will illuminate 40 feet wide. You will have to measure your set of lights to see what you get.

Go to a rental store, and rent those halogen lights on a tripod. Illuminate the area when it is completely dark, and look at the recorded image, (not the live view), and see what the video looks like. The tripod will allow you to move the lights around your house, and you can find the best spot for mounting to achieve the best lighting.

The "malibu light" sets out in the yard will help also. Up lighting trees will make a difference as well. You will have to experiment to achieve the perfect design.

Excluding the motion lights you can control the other lights with X-10 or other "wireless" control systems. You can have your outdoor lights come on by a timer, or you can have them come on by darkness.

If you are running 120 volt lights out in to the yard make sure you use the proper wiring, and have them hooked up to an electrical panel with the proper circuit breaker, and GFI for safety.

Good luck

Scorpion

I was going to hag them on the eveaves of my house with motion sensors the more light the better I guess?

Probaly will mount the light under or over the camer behind it.

I may also mount one of those street light type light up above

The street light style one would really be great!!

Test the camera, and the lights before you do an install!

The lights next to the camera may cause some glare! It may, (or it may not) work better with the lights, and the camera seperated by a few feet.

When you email me, I will send you a picture of the new style PAR flood lamps I use. They use only 17 watts, but fit a normal PAR style lamp holder. Use them all around the home now. Got rid of the 100 watt incandescent, and went to these. They light up my driveway and front walkway great.