unit979

What is the best company to buy cameras and cable from?

I just got everything together for my business. I want to find a place where I can mainly buy cameras and cables from. I am more concerned about the product line than I am $$'s. I would rather deal with one company that is just a little more expensive than a dozen different that have slightly better prices.

Also, I am from Indiana and will only be doing local (1hr away) installments for now. The business name is Digital Security Systems. A few minutes ago I bought www.dssindiana.com. Hopefully it will be up and running within a couple of weeks. I won't be selling anything on the web, or even keeping anything in stock. I will order as needed for installation.

If anyone can direct me to a site or business, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks,

Brad

What about this site?

http://www.shopsentryguard.com

I was looking on ebay, and came across a few auctions from this company. The first link is for a system with cameras and the last 3 is for systems only.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3070875702&category=48634

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3066294487&category=48634

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3066294459&category=48634

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3066294441&category=48634

Let me know what you think.

Thanks,

Brad

There are a huge number of CCTV sites but one of the oldest and best established CCTV distributors in the counry is VSSI. They specialize in CCTV and get some killer bargains. Check them out at www.vsscctv.com

You'll have to register as a dealer to see the pricing since they don't sell to end users.

I personally would stay well clear of E-Bay and the other cheaper places, the best bet you can do is ask where their gear is manufactured, if it is made in Taiwan or China, do not touch it with a barge pole.

If it is made in Korea or even better Japan, there is a good chance it will be high quality gear. The best advice I can give you is this: Most manufactorers, Sanyo, Ganz, Sony etc will have a list of prefered dealers/installers, I would ask them who they recommend for your area, they wont recommend anyone who is rubbish and this way you will be guarenteed service from a proffesional that knows their gear well.

I will take a look at those links as posted here if anything looks pretty good I will post again.

Hope this helped,

VSS looks like a good site to me, I cant imagine anyone could afford to actually stock that large a range, however if they can get it in it all seems like high quality gear or least Mid to High range.

There are some brands sold there that are sold all around the world and they are good reliable brands.

I hope this helped.

really need to find a dealer in your neck of the woods. I buy from Ft Lauderdale, Florida as its closest to the Bahamas.

www.Spytown.com sells at dealer cost, check it out. I cant say anything about them though as ive never bought from them, but i firstt saw them a year or so ago when searching the web.

Still maybe best to buy from a dealer you can go and see physically if required.

If you contact a manufacturer that you want to carry products from, like GE for example, they will give you the location of the nearest representative to your location.

Rory

Here is a good hint:

If the company you are interested in is big enough to support you then they will always have large stock, this is a good sign of a successful company, therefore they should be prepared to loan you some demo stock for testing, they can invoice you for it but if you return it you should be able to get a full refund.

This way you will only be buying from someone who has complete faith in their products.

Here is a good hint:

If the company you are interested in is big enough to support you then they will always have large stock, this is a good sign of a successful company, therefore they should be prepared to loan you some demo stock for testing, they can invoice you for it but if you return it you should be able to get a full refund.

This way you will only be buying from someone who has complete faith in their products.

no company in the US is going to lend out their equipment! :-0

Besides, i wouldnt, because if the client hooks it up without a line conditioner, its as good as fried! (at least with our great 3rd world power here

That isn't entirely true. My distributing company did that all the time from our demo stock. Don't forget we don't have to worry about bad power as much here. A lot of distributors will let you try something and return it. It is a good idea though to try and find a local distributor since it is much more convenient to drive over and pick stuff up.

That isn't entirely true. My distributing company did that all the time from our demo stock. Don't forget we don't have to worry about bad power as much here. A lot of distributors will let you try something and return it. It is a good idea though to try and find a local distributor since it is much more convenient to drive over and pick stuff up.

There are none here, we have to import everything from Florida and they will never send demos.

Getting loan samples from manufactorers for evaluation is hard to achieve, God knows I have a wharehouse full of cards I did not like, however I have found that most distributors will loan you goods, they can test them when they come back and if fualty charge them for the goods.

I use it all the time!