bibox

need advice for fiber optics CCTV

i have IP cameras and the requirements is fiber optic for the connectivity.

what are the equipments i need to get to complete a system including the software?

if possible please advise me the specific brands for the whole system (hopefully available in Asia)

thnx

you need to start with the recording software for the IP cameras and work your way out to the cameras. Fiber? single or multimode? connector types? ST or SC? converting fiber to network? how many RJ45 slots do you need? or does a giga switch better fit? IP cameras? MPEG4? MJPEG? 1megaP or 3 megaP? again, will the software record a 3 MegaP or just a 640x480? in otherwords, if you purchase a MegaP camera and can only record in 640x480 you just wasted your money.

the way I would do it is I would build the fiber "backbone" and then RJ45 /network my runs 300 feet or less. I'd use POE IP cameras. I'd find and purchase a DVR capable of recording the IP cmaeras native resolution.

Other things to consider;

- storage of IP camera recordings is massive

- day/night requirements? Natural lightinging works fine if used properly

- IR requirements? most IP cameras do not pass IR

- bandwidth required to view remotely is higer with IP cameras

- you can purchase fiber with tips installed and a pull device attached, BUT, pulling fiber is not like pulling wire, so check your rules BEFORE you destroy a fiber cable.

- protecting Fiber is a great idea, even idoors. ie. condut

I would call "Black Box" and have one of thier Fiber Salespersons lay out a Fiber plan for you. Black Box can provide all parts needed and they are very helpful in engineering it.

Fiber? single or multimode? - singlemode

connector types? ST or SC? - dont know yet, please advise

converting fiber to network? - please advise

how many RJ45 slots do you need? - some cameras can be used in one converter, around 4-8

or does a giga switch better fit? - no need for Giga switch

IP cameras? - yes, all are IP cameras

MPEG4? MJPEG? - which is the best for network viewing and recording realtime

1megaP or 3 megaP? again, will the software record a 3 MegaP or just a 640x480? - please advise an NVR/Software to be viewed in central control/monitoring system with 60" Plasme TV

in otherwords, if you purchase a MegaP camera and can only record in 640x480 you just wasted your money - thanks for advising

for the overview of the projects.

there are 10 site. each site has a local monitoring/control.

and for all of the sites there is a site to be the Main monitoring/control and recording in realtime for all of the sites.

all are IP cameras and Fiber optics is the connectivity inside each sites.

and the connectivity for all sites is internet. because the distances between each sites can reached more or less 80Km.

please anyone can give comments or advise.

First, before the camera equipment, are you certified for fiber optic runs? Splicing and termination is far different for fiber. Are your cameras fiber optic like the Pelco or are they copper terminated? You need media converters if they are copper. An 8 camera tx/rx can run $10,000 USD. This would run 8 cameras over copper to the converter, transmit over single mode to the rx and convert to copper for the head end. The fiber cable is not that expensive but the cost of termination mistakes at $10 - $15 per splice can run into money. Get a certified technician to do the run. In the long run you'll save time, headaches and money.

You can try www.optech.com.tw for supplies - Good Luck

actually there are no problems running and splicing FO. we have contractor that can do this.

my problems are the hardware and software. i dont know any good and best suits the project.

one of the 10 sites is the Main storage and should be able to record for all the sites in realtime. and the all site are linked through internet

actually there are no problems running and splicing FO. we have contractor that can do this.

my problems are the hardware and software. i dont know any good and best suits the project.

one of the 10 sites is the Main storage and should be able to record for all the sites in realtime. and the all site are linked through internet

Correct me if I am wrong. You are linking all the sites through internet. What kinda internet connection u have ? The slowest link determine the speed of connection through out your whole network. Banking on connection through internet to record all sites in REALTIME is a bit unrealistic unless u have damm fast internet connection with guaranteed bandwidth. If not, it's quite useless to have fibreoptic lines also. Basically how many cameras, what's the bandwidth requirement are you looking at ? Shouldn't u work out which equipments u are looking at, the bandwidth requirement, then size up the kind of network you need to be building for the system ?