andrewm568

Panasonic BB-HCM581A vs WV-NS202A

I'm looking at outdoor monitoring / surveillance for my house, and am considering the above 2 PTZ cameras.

The WV* seems to be from a completely different division of Panasonic, and uses very different software. The price difference is not huge between the two.

It looks to me like the WV* has more features, is more robust, and can handle lower light situations - all positives for me, though the need for ActiveX controls is a PITA.

Are there any advantages to using the BB-HCM581A or cons against using the WV-NS202A?

Thanks,

- Andrew

Yes, The BB-HCM581A is designed as a webcam(consumer division.), while the WV-NS202 is a surviellence camera(Security Division.).

Now, I have a lot of customers who have used the consumer line for CCTV, but I never recommend it. Especially with the WV-NS202 on the market.

The NS202 is an SDIII camera(128x WDR), with auto-tracking(not the best, but it works, we use one for video conferencing sometimes.), and has dual streaming MPEG4 and JPEG outputs.

I just got a ns202 this week and will be installing in an outdoor housing. I like the idea of the on board storage card and the physical size of the unit will be going in a high crime area so we shall see how it holds up

Thanks for the feedback guys. I'd seen all those links so I guess I'm looking in the right place.

I just got a ns202 this week and will be installing in an outdoor housing. I like the idea of the on board storage card and the physical size of the unit will be going in a high crime area so we shall see how it holds up

Which enclosure did you go for?