Any suggestions for a outdoor ip cam with pan/tilt ?

Need videoserver embedded. No wireless. Need to manage the cold weather in Scandinavia...

I know there is some good cameras out there, but expensive too...

This is for consumer market.

Any suggestion?

Working on this myself on a consumer level.

Nothing to note yet.

Im seeing outdoor cams rated for -10C to 60C.

Even with that you would need a heated enclosure.

Most conventional outdoor housings are dependent on the internal heater and fan to melt ice and control the environmental conditions on the outside and inside of the housing. The better manufacturers are those that understand the dynamics of moving air inside the housing which results of in effective control of moisture, both frozen and liquid, inside and out.

I would recommend Cohu and American Dynamics to start with. You can google them both and get plenty of information on their products.

In addition, you will need a cabinet, NEMA4X for the Video Server - I would recommend you match the software you will be recording with to the encoder/video server. You may also need to install a small 12V or 24V heater in the box depending on the temperature. A fan may also help control the humidity and or condensation.

Most conventional outdoor housings are dependent on the internal heater and fan to melt ice and control the environmental conditions on the outside and inside of the housing. The better manufacturers are those that understand the dynamics of moving air inside the housing which results of in effective control of moisture, both frozen and liquid, inside and out.

I would recommend Cohu and American Dynamics to start with. You can google them both and get plenty of information on their products.

In addition, you will need a cabinet, NEMA4X for the Video Server - I would recommend you match the software you will be recording with to the encoder/video server. You may also need to install a small 12V or 24V heater in the box depending on the temperature. A fan may also help control the humidity and or condensation.

Point taken, i do have good ip cameras, housing with fan/heater, but the price for the camera, lens, brackets, housing etc....its too expensive for the consumer market. So more interesting is some low cost cameras that i might use outdoor. I know, i know....less cost, less quality But its not D1 that is most important for a consumer who wants to log on to his camera at work, just too see how the weather is at his cabin...

I saw this manufacturer at a show...looks like it will work based on what you are trying to achieve with the right price - mobotix dot com

I saw this manufacturer at a show...looks like it will work based on what you are trying to achieve with the right price - mobotix dot com

Interesting thanks !