i12av82

Monitor Connection Dead?

I've done a few searches and can't seem to find the answer that I'm looking for. I'm trying to display camera inputs from a Kalatel DVMRe Triplez eZ unit on a monitor in our server room and can't seem to get an output signal. The Kalatel has BNC and S-Video outputs, and the TV monitor I'm using has a standard 75ohm cable jack only. What would be the best way to connect a TV to this unit? Would an F to BNC adapter work? Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

If you want to plug it into a TV, you will need to use the TV's A/V input, which is typically RCA. S-Video will also work if the TV has that for A/V. Basically you can just get 1xRCA Cable and 1xRCA-BNC adapter and connect them using the RCA Cable .. or use a Coax cable with BNC on one end, and the BNC with a BNC-RCA on the TV end.

You would have to take the DVR video out, and you would have to modulate this video with a modulator. You would hook up the modulator output to the TV F connector. You would put the TV on the to the channel that you have programmed in to the modulator.

It would be better to find a TV with a yellow video connector on the front, or the back of the TV.

Hook up the video out of the DVR to the yellow connector of the TV.

If you are using BNC cables you will need a BNC to RCA adapter to plug it in to the TV.

Do you by chance have another monitor that has a bnc input?

If you use a regular TV with the yellow connector, and you do not see video then read here..

http://www.cctvforum.com/cms_view_article.php?aid=41

Quote...

On some TVs to activate the composite signal it is a simple as pressing the channel down button until you get to channel 2. When you press the down button one more time this will activate the AUX, or GAME input. This should bring back your video. If it does not, then you may have to find the remote control to the TV, and you will have to find a button that is marked as one of the following:

SOURCE, or INPUT, Aux, or the button may be marked as GAME. Press this button, and it should reactivate your composite signal input. For those TVs with multiple inputs, you may have to press this button several times. You will see an On Screen Display (OSD), and it will show you input 1, input 2, input 3, input 4, and so forth. It may show High Definition 1 (HD), High Definition 2, S video, Composite 1, and Composite 2. Keep pressing your button until the composite is highlighted. On some TVs you may have to press a "select" button after you have highlighted composite.

Unquote

Good Luck

Scorpion