FredB

Speco DVR

Yes, dont get it. It only has browser based remote video that is terrible quality. We had the 16 channel version. IF you dont need the remote/network feature it is a good DVR, with CDR is simple to burn evidence. If they only made some 'real' network software for it, then it would be a great DVR. Local video quality is comparative to Kalatel's DVR quality, better than everfocus for example.

Wavelet is good quality, Kalatel uses it, among others. Not sure how it compares to MPEG.

Anyway, i choose to stick to the Everfocus 16 channel for now for low end until these other guys get their software act together. Ofcourse Everfocus' software isnt geat either, but the browser based quality is good. Neither of them compare to using a DVR like the Kalatel ones, but the price is good.

Rory,

You said the remote software is no good. In what way? Slow frame rate, crashes, basic functions, or just looks cheap? I am mostly concerned with the frame rate. Don't really care about the other stuff, except freezes of course.

I to used a bunch of Everfocus DVR's. Like wavelet better then MJpeg, like speco is using. Playback just looks alot better I think.

Thanks for any insight,

Fredrik

Don't really care about the software, as long as you can view the live video over the net. Is it dreadfully slow or...?

it is unusable, the clarity is terrible.

I asked them about this but they would not clarify.