Sauerkraut

AVC760 - direct HDD access possible?

we may have met in www dot anykeeper dot cn,right ?

yes ,you are actually right that we could hook DVR`s record and view it live on our PC directly,that`s because this 4CH DVR has remote backup and W/Ethernet function,you can use IE or client software to view live display, and record on computer remotely,which can go on simultaneously.Anyway, the quality of image will be affected by the quality of internet--CIF real time is the normal performance,but if the speed of internet is quite slow,the image will become bad.

Hey owlsecurity, thanks for your friendly answer!

we may have met in www dot anykeeper dot cn,right ?

No, definitively not.

With direct HDD access I meant access like double click at an windows folder and transfer it with copy&paste to my desktop. The remote function from my DVR works, but it took alot of time to transfer the files.

->sorry for bad english<-

Greetz,

Ralf

I recall trying out a Swann DVR that came with a utility for direct PC reading of the hard disk when placed on an IDE bus. However, I have a AVtech unit now and there is no way I'm aware of to do this - it's not a standard PC format either - I've tried it.

I have to download the data off the DVR over a 128 k connection, so you can't have it all that bad!

I recall trying out a Swann DVR that came with a utility for direct PC reading of the hard disk when placed on an IDE bus. However, I have a AVtech unit now and there is no way I'm aware of to do this - it's not a standard PC format either - I've tried it.

I have to download the data off the DVR over a 128 k connection, so you can't have it all that bad!

Nope. For AVTech's DVR, you can't do it.

You'll have to read it off the DVR.