I am building a system to operate in our bar, I am interested in recording in real time and more importantly remote viewing in real time. I will be useing 6 to 8 cameras to start with and add more later. My question is when the system is recording and I start the remote viewing is it going to reduce the fps of recording or viewing?

Motherboard: i865PE IS7 ABIT ATX RTL

Processer: Intel P4/2.8EGHz 800M 478P/1MB HT RT

Memory: DDRAM 512M Mushkin

Hard Drive: 160 GB Sata Samsung SP1614C 8MB

Video Card: Aopen GF4 MX4408X DDR64MB TV RT

You shouldn't have any problems. Better use 2X256MB DDR in order to take advantage of the Dual Channel DDR technology.

How exactly do you intend to view remotely in real-time? Do you intend to view it over LAN?

Ok this is what my I have from my order, but it is just on one stick should I have two sticks for dual cannnel. Thanks for the reply

Manufacturer: Mushkin

Speed: DDR400(PC3200)

Type: 184 Pin DDR SDRAM

Error Checking: Non-ECC

Registered/Unbuffered: Unbuffered

Cas Latency: 2.5-4-4

Support Voltage: 2.6V

Bandwidth: 3.2GB/s

Organization: 64M x 64 -Bit

Warranty: Lifetime

I'm sorry I forgot to reply about the remote viewing. I plan on useing the remote viewer in geovision and connect over the Internet, via cable connection 3000 Kbps.

Couple of things...

1/ You will not achieve real time recording at 640x480 only 320x240, that is UNTIL Geo releases its new Hybrid Board (POOP did I let the cat out of the bag again), no system unless usuing hardware onboard compression will achieve that at such a resolution.

2/ I would go for an optimised Mem Stick that has dual DDR channel technology, do not know Muskin but I know Corsair sells Twin X.

3/ I would go for a GIG of ram, the ram is what works hardest when you connect to the system remotely

4/ I have never tried a samsung HDD I would stick to a Seagate one with the buffer.

Just my two cents

hi

865 is slower chipset than 875 go asus mboard only on new system

hitachi sata 250gb or 400gb not samsung

memory by samsung is best not the hard drives at this time

this is way to go for new system

asus p4c800e delux,hitachi sata hard drive in a metal cady (kingwin or better)

min 2pc of samsung 512mb pc3200 speed code "tccc" memory best deal for the money

internet in usa if its cable your upload speed is slow (~300k)

best deal at this time if you can get it if you are ~ 7500ft to co is adsl speakeasy.net 6000/768k and 4-8 static ip's ~ $100 and ~10-20ms ping time

3000k/3000k up down internet speed at this time in usa will cost ~$1000/m

in Korea internel is very low cost ~ $25

and for ~15fs (10Kb x 15fs) mpeg4 video for 1 user at a time ~1500k upload line or t1

enlight en-7280 case and dual fan 420w ps,pioneer 108 dvd recoder

http://www.epinions.com/cmhd-Components-All-ENLIGHT_-_CASES_AND_P_S_EN-72800AZ

room for expansion

dusan

dusan

Thanks for your reply about the components but I have already put this together with the items I described, I read some good reviews about the samsung drives is why I decided to go with it, Although I have ordered another 512 stick of memory so I can get the ddr benefit.

I think maybe you misread my message about the cable speed it is 3000 kbs instead of 300kbs. I would think the upload speed would be sufficent, btw this is only for private viewing and would not include mutiple connections and would just be occasional viewing.

I am a newbie to the cctv thing but learning,

Thanks to everyone that replied

Thanks for the reply Rory, Sorry I was the one that misread the post, 3MB download and yes about 300kb for upload. How much is required for just (1) connection and viewing 6 to 8 cameras. Thanks

Ours is approx 384KB upload and works fine using Cable, when its in the 128KB speed such as our DSL here it is way too slow.

calc video bw save one frame of your video and x (8-15fps) by frame speed add 20% adsl overhead and that is what your bandwith need is

saved frame is in Kilobyte bw is in kilobit so it x 8 more

simple thumb rule i use for internet upload speed req

10-200KB one frame x 8 + 20%=10 to convert to bits+overhead x 8-30fps = bw in kilobit like adsl 1500/256k or cable 3000/300k 2nd number is upload speed from you to internet first number is download speed from internet in kilobit

dusan