techmob

geovision uk seller?

Hi any uk vendors of the geovision systems on here?

looking at getting the geovision 650-4 cam setup

EZCCTV are excellent

(not me)

Thank you for the recommendation. Have a look at our website. Any questions just ask.

hi

i contacted you by phone today to be put through to an installer near my area, which turned out to be across the country

so i have yet to be sorted out

i was hoping i could just buy the bits i needed and do a DIY install, it seems i have to go through an installer on your site

can you supply the bits?

i do not need anyone to install it for me

thanks

Hi Guys, please keep business deals off the public forum. Also out of respect for other dealers, resellers, and retailers on the forum, please refrain from public recommendations other than product manufacturers. Use the PM feature when necessary.

That said, James is a good guy, Im sure you will get sorted out.

Thanks, Rory

Hi Guys, please keep business deals off the public forum. Also out of respect for other dealers, resellers, and retailers on the forum, please refrain from public recommendations other than product manufacturers. Use the PM feature when necessary.

That said, James is a good guy, Im sure you will get sorted out.

Thanks, Rory

thanks i hope so

finally decided what i want, now just need to source it

You can't resize it once it has loaded, but you can set the program size in the settings, such as 800x600, 1024x768, 1280x1024. Also you can minimize it, set to full screen, and even have it start up in either of those modes.

that sounds ok

so to make sure, i have my display at 1440x900 and i will be able to start the geovision software with this resolution and set geovision to say 800x600 for example and my display resolution will remain at 1440x900 and only the geovision software will run at 800x600

have i understood it correctly

thanks again Rory

Yes, as it does not have a 1440x900 display, it will automatically be at a lower size even if not set. I had it on my PC for a year which had 1440x900 display.

Yes, as it does not have a 1440x900 display, it will automatically be at a lower size even if not set. I had it on my PC for a year which had 1440x900 display.

thats good to know thanks again rory

some people have said the gv650 is an over kill for a 2 camera system

as i would only need 2 cameras, and suggested i go for the gv250 card, but this is only a 15fps card?

i am after something that gives clear images and good live viewing and recording

would i achieve this with the gv250 and two cameras, because the price does appeal to me

same quality and features, but the GV250 will be 7.5fps per camera in live view. If you dont mind the time lapse mode it will be fine, I have it here. If you want something faster, then get the GV-600.

same quality and features, but the GV250 will be 7.5fps per camera in live view. If you dont mind the time lapse mode it will be fine, I have it here. If you want something faster, then get the GV-600.

sorry still learning!

what is the time lapse mode?

not sure how poor 7.5fps would be, doesn't sound to promising to me!

Just means slow ... like a time lapse tape .. so instead of real time it stutters .. move stop move stop move stop kind of thing.

Just means slow ... like a time lapse tape .. so instead of real time it stutters .. move stop move stop move stop kind of thing.

oooh i'd hate that

now i am thiniking about the gv600 card which is 25fps , which would give me 12.5 fps per cam

but i recall you saying i could have smart record set or something like that, which would give me the full fps on the camera which is catching motion, is that correct? which i guess would be like real time?

is there also a setting that i can set a camera to a certain fps, because the main camera which will be at the front, will be the important one and if i can choose the fps for live monitoring such as 18fps and the back camera which is not as important to 7fps and i could live with the stutter, can this be achieved in geovision software?

and then when something is motion detected the camera who detects it, uses the full fps

is this possible?

thankyou rory

yes setting for smart motion, etc. and can set cameras manual fps also.

Yeah I know also, we have become so use to faster video now, back in the day 5fps was great .. now .. if its not at least 15 then whats the use right