rory

Ikegami 4 channel DVR

Picked up a couple of them and put one in yesterday.

The unit looks like a $1000 dvr, solid, in metal and heavy. Very Nice. Very user friendly in terms of playback and recording etc. Duplex function and built in Ethernet.

Does not seem to have motion and adjustment for cameras ( color, contrast etc.) A little tricky to program in the first place. Has 3 levels of compression and the A level looks great. Mjpeg so not as good as wavelet in highest quality but close.

Got 2 so i am settig up the 2;nd one to play around with and really learn it.

Will probably be using this one from now on. Does it have every thing you want?

No, but for $400 it is a pretty good deal. Will be using it for the donut shops.

The times I put in a AvTEch DVR I feel a little stupid because the dvr;s look like something you pick up from radio shack for $99.

This one looks great and works great.

Networking and 1 channel audio. Even alarm inputs. Also has email capibility so combined with the alarm inputs, so it will take 1 snapshot of the video and email it anywhere. Runs directly on 110 V. Big fan in the back for the HD. Made in Japan. Looks 5 times more expenive then the Argus DVR.

Will set up the 2:nd one at home and really learn it.

Cool, I just got a price sheet from a sales rep, their price is much higher though, $700. Did you get it from Spytown, and was it that price of $450?

Actually, I called their outlet in Los Angeles to inquire about getting dealer pricing. They first quoted me $600 something. Told them about the spytown deal, and suddenly the price was cut in half.

http://www.ikegami.com/cb/f_cctv_rep.html

Just mentation the spytown deal. I asume you have a resale license, and if they can buy it cheaper from Ikegami to be able to sell it for $450, so should you.

Anyone know if there is a single channel available at the same price or can I run the 16 channel out from a multilplexer into just one of this units channels and still have the same storage capacity?.

Sorry if this is a dumb question but this unit is cheaper than the single channels.

Thanks

they also have a single channel version, not sure what the price is though.

Kalatel has a single channel VDR (DVR but no networking capability) for $400, but still, not as cheap as this one just barely.

You can use the single channel with a supported mux.

Rory