amiel

PAL / NTSC support

Hello,

I am searching for a DVR that can record up to 4 inputs. Each input is

automatically switched between PAL & NTSC cameras (in real-time), meaning that the DVR is required to automatically switch between PAL & NTSC for each of the 4 inputs differently.

I heard that Everfocus products & ICRealtime products are highly recommended, but Everfocus units switches all the inputs according to input 1 - so that you cant record PAL & NTSC at the same time.

Does someone knows whether ICRealtime products support automaticly switching between PAL & NTSC and simultaniously recording of both PAL & NTCS signals ?

Thank you.

Sorry to ask, but why would you want some cameras recording in one format, and other cameras recording in the other?

I cannot think of a scenerio where you would need this kind of a setup?

Hi,

I need to use existing cameras, the cameras are very very expensive and the customer doesnt want to replace what he already has. its a big security project, and through the years - the customer bought PAL & NTSC cameras. up until now they were being recorded seperatly on a standard VCR, now they want to record up to 4 of the cameras simultaniously and therfore we are required to record PAL & NTSC signals simultaniosuly.

Hopes that explains the need better, can someone recoomand of a solution please? does ICRealtime have any such model?

Thanks once again.

I havent seen a DVR yet that lets you select 2 different formats; just one format set manually or by default.

One reason is the size of the image, they differ, and that means they would have to shrink or stretch one of them, and also if there is a GUI that will have to reflect the change in image sizes.

Are the camera's themselves not switchable (either by the user, or by a dealer if they are very expensive cameras) between pal & ntsc?

Hi,

I need to use existing cameras, the cameras are very very expensive and the customer doesnt want to replace what he already has. its a big security project, and through the years - the customer bought PAL & NTSC cameras. up until now they were being recorded seperatly on a standard VCR, now they want to record up to 4 of the cameras simultaniously and therfore we are required to record PAL & NTSC signals simultaniosuly.

Hopes that explains the need better, can someone recoomand of a solution please? does ICRealtime have any such model?

Thanks once again.

Hi I think maybe HIKVISION DS-40XXHC cards support this, so you can ask:

www.netvisiondvr.com

www.skyvision.com

www.joincc.com.au

www.jdlds.com

www.joincc.eu

I know that netvision have independent setup on each channel

Joinpro from joincc.com.au have autodetecting/switching but if that is for each card or each channel I don't know but something to test tonight.

JD