bike_rider

Best recording quality settings?

Can somebody tell me the settings for the best recording quality in geovision? Which codec, etc? No worries abou disk space or CPU or fps, just best image quality.

Thanks.

With 8.12 you only have the Mpeg4, H.264, and Mpeg4 ASP - best quality is Mpeg4. You can still set Webcam Sever to H.264 if you have a slow Internet Connection.

If it is a combo card, best is 640x480, otherwise if set to 720x480 the recorded and remote video will have black borders.

If it is any other card, 720x480 will give you some additional pixels, if they exist that is. I just stick to 640x480 typically as the extra 200MB+- 5 minute file size is not worth it for the barely noticable quality increase, IMO.

If its a low res camera, just 640x480.

Must be De-interlaced or you get lines in the video on movement.

Also, best quality is not to use an LCD, and if you do, use a really good one, dont go cheap on that. And the Video card must be very good also. However, those do not effect the recording quality.

Edited by Guest

"Also, best quality is not to use an LCD, and if you do, use a really good one, dont go cheap on that. And the Video card must be very good also. However, those do not effect the recording quality."

That's the issue that I'm facing now... I have a GV-800 and an ATI card but a standard flatscreen Dell Monitor. The video is "good" at best. I'm thinking about adding a regular CCTV Monitor into the mix. I have to have clear video.

Anyone have any other ideas about how to get around this..?

Thanks,

I would use a good quality LCD and just use the DVI port on the Video card as the computer is already giving out a digital signal which is degraded when converting back to analog.