dchenders

speco HT-INTB8 vs nuvico HW3895IR36N

Hi,

I'm considering purchasing one of the following for the front of my house, I have a light that is always on and a motion 300W flood.

I leaning to the speco, any input would be appreciated, thanks.

speco HT-INTB8

Image Pick-Up Device. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 1/3â€

I just received a Speco HT-INTB8.to test or in my case, play around with. My first reaction when I read your post was - DO NOT BUY THAT CAMERA, I REPEAT, DO NOT BUY THAT CAMERA!!! You will just be wasting your money. That intensifier thing really lights up the dark areas but you would never recognize even someone you know due to what I believe to be image lag. Simply, the image is clear unless there is movement in the day. At night the noise level is not what they claim and the lag is just as bad. I haven’t had it but a couple of days. And maybe I don’t have all the many adjustments worked out yet. Nevertheless, I’ve had many other cameras before and never had this kind of problem.

I have the nuvico you mentioned and it's not a bad camera except for the mounting hardware being a little cheap. I think you are better off getting a true day night camera and adding a little light to the area.

Yes intensifier is simply adjusting the shutter, you can do that on most box cameras manually anyways, but image will get slower and slower as you go up on the intensifier.

Get the true day night camera IMO.

Thanks Rory for your comments. They will be helpful when I get the chance to sit down with this camera. However, at this point, I don’t think one can adjust all that crap out of the Speco camera. So far, the adjustments look like a big trade off. To gain one feature you loss the other and the end result is crap either way you go. Simply, one adjustment cancels the other and so on. It reminds me of the comments in the post listed below.

http://www.cctvforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=9966

Last one, I live in the north east and not sure what will happen to the cam when temp dips below 14f/-10c and if damge will occur

this cam has heater built in

CNB BE4815NVR

- 1/3" SONY Super HAD CCD

- 550TVL High Resolution

- Day & Night (ICR)

- Digital Slow Shutter

- 2x Digtial Zoom

- AWB, AGC, BLC, Flickerless

- Built-in IR LED & Sensor

- Extra Video-out port for Easier Installation

- Built-in Fan & Heater

Cable Through Type Camera Bracket

- AC24V/DC12V Dual Voltage

Thanks

I’m not at all familiar with the last camera you mentioned. However, I did look briefly at the specs and didn’t see anything about it having an IR cut filter. It’s mentioned several times throughout the forum how important an IR cut filter is when purchasing an IR camera. Without the IR cut filter the camera will most likely not have good color during daylight. Also, a true day/night camera will not have IR. A true day/night is just a camera that functions very well in very low light conditions. You can find more about them by searching the forum. As for the temperature damaging your camera, I don’t know? However, I would think the heater would solve that problem.

based on my research ICR stands for IR Cut Filter Removable (ICR).

Bit the bullet and ordered one so I'll see how it compares to the $65 cheapo cam I have now.

Thanks

Yes the ICR means that, just hope they mean that

CNB is a manufacturer out of Korea, pretty decent products. Im still not into that whole Digital Slow Shutter thing though, but hopefully you can turn it off.

FL (Flickerless)

AGC (Automatic Gain Control)

BLC (Back Light Compensation)

D/N (Day & Night ON/OFF)

DSS (Digital Slow Shutter)

D-ZOOM (Digital Zoom)

Are all switchable

I have two more cams to get in the future so I can up or down in price as needed

Thanks for the help, I'll report my findings after I get it.