petlump

safe-core DVR400M hardware/software problem

Hi all

Hope somebody can help me!

This budget DVR uses a standard IDE/ATA hard drive to store its images. Everything seems to work OK - i.e the motion detection and recording is apparently working but it is not possible to enter the menus or the record/playback function whilst the HDD is connected - which effectively makes it useless! I have tried various combinations of the HDD jumper switches (no effect). I have also tried a different HDD (no effect) Has anyone seen anything similar and can suggest a solution?

NB If the HDD is disconnected, everything works fine, except you cannot record!

cheers Steve

This is the problem with most budget priced DVR's you can only do one thing at a time (record , view , setup). What you are wanting is a mode called triplex which allows multiple this done at the same time. It is sad that people buy or sell without finding out what the customer needs are first.

Hi all

Hope somebody can help me!

This budget DVR uses a standard IDE/ATA hard drive to store its images. Everything seems to work OK - i.e the motion detection and recording is apparently working but it is not possible to enter the menus or the record/playback function whilst the HDD is connected - which effectively makes it useless! I have tried various combinations of the HDD jumper switches (no effect). I have also tried a different HDD (no effect) Has anyone seen anything similar and can suggest a solution?

NB If the HDD is disconnected, everything works fine, except you cannot record!

cheers Steve

Press [sTOP] first, then try the menu or playback button. For some machine, u gotta press it fast [sTOP]-[MENU] before the motion detection engine kicks in and start recording again.

Yes, what u have most likely is a simplex machine. U cannot do record and playback at the same time.

I won't call it a problem. It's just the specs and design of the machine. I mean u can't go buy a handphone without 3G connection and then come complain that it doesn't have 3G.