rollndoe

How set up a wireless survellance camera in a vehicle

Looking for some information!! Reason: The other night some punks decided to spray paint some gang writing on my truck that was parked on the street. I would be most delighted to catch these bastards so any help would be appreciated. Question? How would I go about installing a wireless camera inside of my truck so the power supply can last 8 hours or longer? Any ideas on the whole set up?

Thank you

JT

Hi

The problem you may encounter is that it wont see all around the vehicle, without putting in multiple cameras. Also if it is wireless, the metal in the car or other cars, may block the signal, and water such as that on trees from rain, impairs the wireless signal also.

It might be better to set up a camera looking at the vehicle, if your home is not too far away. You could get a 5-50mm lens and manually zoom that in on the vehicle.

Otherwise it could get pretty expensive to put a couple wireless cameras in the vehicle. You may want to also check out a camera that saves to Flash disk on motion. Other option would be a wireless IP camera, Axis has a model in the $200 retail range, though cant say how well it works nor how far its wireless capability is.

Perhaps someone else might have some ideas.

Rory

Agree with Rory - go with a camera overlooking your parking area rather than trying to get a wireless signal out of the vehicle and back to a receiver (too much hassle).