jeromephone

hardware problems

I have a geo system 1480 with 16 audio that has started to freeze. My question is more general> 1. does geo have any hardware trouble shooting software etc that will help isolate the problem to the geo or the computer. Errors reported in windows indicated ram problems replaced that and still have the same issues. 2. Does anyone reccommend any software/hardware for trouble shooting windows hardware/software. I know there are several out there but have not used any in a while.

I am continually running into the issue of where the problem is, (geo or win) and I do not want to just start swapping out parts.

This system has been up and running for about ten months and has all the reccommended hardware etc.

Where did you set the audio files to record? Make sure they aren't also on the C drive. For swapping parts, you can swap Ram and power supply to start. Also try doing a HDD scan with a bootable CD from the manufacturers website to make sure that the HDD are definitley good (WD, maxtor/seagate all have them). Tha's where I'd start.