thecrunge

VIVOTEK IP7138 with Luxriot Software - not working

Hi, I'm new to IP cameras. We just got 2 Vivotek IP7138 IP cams, and we're not happy with the software that comes with it. so I'm trying out Luxriot. I can't seem to get Luxriot to connect to the camera. It sees it during setup, but does not get an image. Does anybody have any experience with these cams working woth Luxriot? If not, any other suggestions about software. We will be adding more (up to 16 total) cams in the future. thanks.

I figured it out. The version on Luxriot I have (supposedly the latest) does not yet support MPEG4. So by changing to MJPEG in the camera it now works. But that's not what I wanted, so back to searching for a program that supports MPEG4. Any ideas?

seems like the ip camera programs are MJPEG/JPEG only.

I mistakenly got a camera that was MPEG4 and can't find 3rd party programs either.

Luxriot worked ok for me in MJPEG mode on a number of cameras.

are you using motion detection ?

Well, I tried Milestone, but can't get it to work with my cams, yet. It seems like a nice app. I have been testing out Luxriot for about a week now. It seems ok, but it is lacking in a few key abilities, in my opinion. I like Avermedia, and I do have an Avermedia card in a system here. I tried setting up an IP cam with the software, but for some reason cound not get it to work. We're not going to use it for this clien anyways.