NickCat11

New System

Hello All,

I am new to this forum so hopefully this question is in the right thread. I am looking to replace our current 16 camera system I installed 4 years ago. I was wondering if anyone could recommend a good site to buy from. I preferably would like to buy everything from one site if possible. I found the site Closeoutcctv . com Seems pretty good, any opinions or other suggestions? Thanks in advance.

Nick

Hello All,

I am new to this forum so hopefully this question is in the right thread. I am looking to replace our current 16 camera system I installed 4 years ago. I was wondering if anyone could recommend a good site to buy from. I preferably would like to buy everything from one site if possible. I found the site Closeoutcctv . com Seems pretty good, any opinions or other suggestions? Thanks in advance.

Nick

Hello Nick... you are in good hands in this forum...

What exactly are you looking for? Type of cameras, minidomes or brick type, color or B&W, what type of DVR will do the trick for you, embedded or OS based?

May be what will help if you can tell us what you used before and what you want to see improved from your existing system...

Thanks for the quick reply,

We have a garden center/landscaping business. So, I probably need 6 or 7 cameras for our retail store. One for each register and then a few throughout the store. There are very dim lights in the store once we close so should I get infrared cameras? I was looking at dome for in the store but I am open to other suggestions. Next I will need 6-7 cameras outside mostly going to be focused on entranceways and the outside cashier booth. We aren't really on a tight budget because we want to do this right. I'll wait to hear your suggestions. Also, did you get a chance to look at closeoutcctv . com? Any opinions? I am not allowed to post links that is why I am spacing it out.

Nick

Thanks for the quick reply,

We have a garden center/landscaping business. So, I probably need 6 or 7 cameras for our retail store. One for each register and then a few throughout the store. There are very dim lights in the store once we close so should I get infrared cameras? I was looking at dome for in the store but I am open to other suggestions. Next I will need 6-7 cameras outside mostly going to be focused on entranceways and the outside cashier booth. We aren't really on a tight budget because we want to do this right. I'll wait to hear your suggestions. Also, did you get a chance to look at closeoutcctv . com? Any opinions? I am not allowed to post links that is why I am spacing it out.

Nick

Nick, you will find many websites including the one you mention... Do not have any opinions on any regardless the expereince... Most of the time you will find someone saying something negative about a website because of an incident that could have been caused by a bad sales person, but does not mean that company behind it is bad...

Asking around is a great way to learn where to get a good product and to meet your expectations... Everyone is trying to serve someone and make a buck, as you do in your line of business..

I am an old school, so it is very difficult for me to be convinced on none major brand name products... Your typical major manufacturer was there before and will be there tomorrow... and if the products you purchase come in less than industry standard warranty, then you should ask more questions there too...

In my professional opinion, Major brand name products = good quality = decent to exceptional performance = more than average cost = reliable warranty = unquestionable and reliable technical support... Some are better than others, but overall you want a system that can give you day in and day out performance that works with minimal intervention... and most importantly, deliver the performance that you expect..

Dont want to go on a website derailment, but looked at that site in question, good prices on budget OEM products, but this scares me:

"..is the nation leading OEM Manufacturer of CCTV surveillance digital video recorders, cameras, and supplies."

They are NOT a manufacturer. They buy OEM gear which comes from Asia where it is actually manufactured. The manufacturers sell the same exact equipment to other distributors.

"With thousands of proven system operating worldwide.."

Spell check.

Anyway, dont let that effect your choice on whether to buy from them, once again cheap prices so that may be what you want. I have to mention the forum also has advertisers (banner ads at top and links at left) and there are also many other members on the forum who are dealers, such as the above member. I would personally go with a forum advertiser or member over an unknown, but thats me. At least with a forum member you are a little more guaranteed that they know the CCTV business.

I would like to make a different suggestion.

I recommend hiring a local company to do the work. They can give you proper lens selection, camera selection, and related equipment selection.

Should there be any problems down the road they can take care of it for you. You can ask if they have loaner equipment while yours is out for repairs.

If price is of the essence rather than proper security then ask local dealers about their entry level products.

I tend to be leary of these internet sites that pop up out of nowhere. When they first come out of the box, they may have a budget for various forms of advertisment to get people to their web site, and after they have been running for a period of time, and the marketing money has dried up, they are stuck with no new bodies coming to their site. Since they went

"low ball pricing", they do not have the income to support more advertising to keep customers coming in. Since they are on the internet they can just close doors, and go away. It is a little harder for a local company in a town to do that.

OK! You are right. A fly by night company can come to your town, and set up shop, make a few bucks, and then disapear over night. In this case you can go to your county/city/state websites to see if they are licensed. If you have their name you can do a search to see if they have been arrested. If they have a dubious past then you can make an informed decision. If they do not have the proper licenses then this is obviously a red flag. Do you know how to do this with an internet site? You can start with a WHOSIS search to start with.

I would suggest that you buy from me. I would also tell you that is a mistake as I am not local to you. In my area I am actually a little on the high side of pricing. Those that have bought from me have learned how it is now worth everypenny when things go bad. I have one client where I brought out a loaner system to get them up and going after a lightning strike. (Warranty states from manufacture that acts of god are not covered). I had him back up with a generator until an electrical company could rewire his box, and get his power up and going. This was not my job to do that, but then I take "security" seriously. I have gotten more jobs out of "acts of kindness". Now he has to decide what he is going to do for a new system. In the mean time he is not going to get ripped off.

Do your homework on the internet sites, and you should be fine. If it is to cheap then be wary.

Hello

What is the application that the DVR is going in to.

There are a number of good systems out there the key is to find what your customer wants.

How many FPS does he want on each camera. Is he looking for a unit with good remote connect ability or does he just want to look at the DVR locally.

Does he want PC based or standalone.

I work for a DVR company and if you like I could help walk you through some options.

1-250-426-8100 ext111