Knowledge

Are GA motherboards bad to use with GEO cards

We build security system with geo cards using gigabyte motherboards, DUO & Duo Core2 CPU. Have any one occurred and problems, or tell why they wouldn't use these items with GEO cards

We build security system with geo cards using gigabyte motherboards, DUO & Duo Core2 CPU. Have any one occurred and problems, or tell why they wouldn't use these items with GEO cards

Well...what first hit me here is, why you ask? Do you have any problems using Gigabyte MB?

We are using ASUS/MSI MB for all the PC based DVR we are selling. But all of them are: Intel CPU, Intel chipsets, and PCI Express monitor cards.

We have mainly used ASUS and MSI, now we will try Gigabyte after a few sucsessful projects. The one that we have bought a batch of now is: GA-P35-DS3R (rev. 2.0). Personally I have good faith of these MB, but you never know!

http://www.gigabyte.eu/Products/Motherboard/Products_Overview.aspx?ProductID=2626

So would be intresting to hear what your experience with Gigabyte MB are!

JD

I don't use them, no good reasons just happy with what I do use and I don't change too often because of it. That and rebuilding disk images sucks.

I just used the GA-P35-DS3R and it worked well.

Ive had problems with the last few Asus boards I used, which is why I wanted to try GB, but they all have the same problems now, the onboard Audio does not work in XP anymore.

Ive had problems with the last few Asus boards I used, which is why I wanted to try GB, but they all have the same problems now, the onboard Audio does not work in XP anymore.

Can it be they are adjusting to Vista?

JD

Can it be they are adjusting to Vista?

JD

Yep, thats what I figure, since some of the boards I used which use to work fine, the audio no longer works. With the most recent GB mobo, tried everything but would not work properly, in the end just disabled all together. Sound cards are cheap and the rest of it works great!