scorpion

Microsoft to extend Windows XP’s stay!

Microsoft bows to pressure to extend Windows XP’s stay

http://blogs.techrepublic.com.com/tech-news/?p=1262&tag=nl.e019

Microsoft has bowed to pressure from customers and will allow large manufacturers to continue selling PCs with Windows XP preloaded until June 30, 2008. This is an additional five months from the original January 31, 2008 date.

If you recall, we reported just last week on how Microsoft has softened its stance and has been quietly allowing PC makers to furnish a “downgradeâ€

I will put in a wager... that XP will still be around until end of the next year at least...

What is the wager??

Microshaft (oops sorry, I meant MSN) has said a lot of things in the past and this latest marketing hype is no exception... If it is really up to them, they will charge anyone who uses their software a yearly license fee and that is the direction that they are going anyways...

Did you hear their newest platform beyond Vista?? Some times called Blackcomb and lately called Vieanna, sometimes called Fiji or "Vista RC" and tomorrow, who knows? and apparently the life span for Vista is until 2009??

Here is one of their latest buzz... "There have been plenty of opinion pieces claiming that Vista will be the last of the traditional Windows series, with dark hints about internet-based web-appliance systems."

Ya right...

I do not know about most, but I think Linux distros and even PCBSD based OS and all their apps rule any day... Too bad that there are MS apps that are not operating flawlessly in such platforms.. yet... Soon enough the WINE project will kick in the high gear and then you can run all your MS apps or any apps that work under windows platform on top of Linux...

Any wager on this one??

Did you hear their newest platform beyond Vista?? Some times called Blackcomb and lately called Vieanna, sometimes called Fiji or "Vista RC" and tomorrow, who knows? and apparently the life span for Vista is until 2009??

Its called Windows 7 now.