antdickens

Low light camera demo

While I don't have a link, I will tell you I have yet to see one that works properly. The problem with a mechanical filter sliding in front of the CCD on a Day/Night, is that it actually changes the focal distance on the camera, thus distorting your image.

As of yet, I haven't seen a lense that will automatically compensate for this, but have heard rumours that they are not too far off.

At that time it is 1xExtremeCCTV UF500 IR Bulb, now there are 2 of them. It is also a 12mm lens setting.

cant remember off hand, its been about 3 years, its a 1/3". It was nothing special, not a special IR or Day Night lens, as they werent available back then (I think), probably this one as it is a 2.8-12mm Auto Iris lens, I maxed out the focal length to 12mm. I had a 1/2" Camera and lens first which went bad, so I switched it to the Sanyo Day Night High Res 1/3" and the picture was just as good as the 1/2". Obviously now I would use a specific IR Day Night Lens as they are everywhere now.

http://www.tamron.com/cctv/prod/13vg2812assq.asp

Ill go up to the camera next time Im there (tomorrow maybe) and take a look.

One thing though, with the mechanical switch over to BW, it slides over, and with the glow from the IR, I had issues in the beginning where it would keep switching back and forth and then it got jammed, had to take it apart and fix it myself, then got it to work properly by just reducing the glare from the IR Lighting. Took the glare off the ground and higher up, the 2 LED Bulbs were causing too much glare being pointed in the same location, so one is now pointed slightly in one direction and the other is slightly the other, so that both light sources are not centered together.