Sign in to follow this  
Lou19

Intellex Lost Password

Hey,

I just bought an Intellex which runs on Win98. You guessed it, I do not have the password/4 digit code. I took Intellex out of StartUp to access Windows.

Now, the big question -

Where's the file containing the password?

If not, my secretary is going to stay busy trying all 10000 combinations.

Thanks, Lou

Hey,

I just bought an Intellex which runs on Win98. You guessed it, I do not have the password/4 digit code. I took Intellex out of StartUp to access Windows.

Now, the big question -

Where's the file containing the password?

If not, my secretary is going to stay busy trying all 10000 combinations.

Thanks, Lou

Lou, I take it that you must of bought Intellex version 2.xx (it is probably around 8+ years old at least).. Which version is it if you know?

Also, which password are you referring to? There are several password with that version (Windows, Intellex SW Key, Intellex Log-in, Intellex Exit.., Intellex system modification and few others..)

CCTV Supplier,

The four digit code at main Intellex screen, the live/playback camera screen with buttons across the bottom. Someone activated security and seems to have changed the default code of 1234.

Since I can't get any further, I don't what version it is. I agree it is an oldie since it is running 98. I didn't pay much for it and intend to use it for stat cameras. I own two other 4.1 units which are fantastic.

If I get into it, do you have any upgrades that would max out the unit?

Thanks,

Lou

I got it,

Intellex configuration and hit restore defaults - default password reset to 1234.

Hope this helps someone.

By the way, my unit is a 2.2.17 version - oldie for sure.

Thanks, Lou

I got it,

Intellex configuration and hit restore defaults - default password reset to 1234.

Hope this helps someone.

By the way, my unit is a 2.2.17 version - oldie for sure.

Thanks, Lou

Good job Lou... Intellex configuration on desktop helps tremendously, doesn't it...

Just in case and if you want, you can increase its internal storage up to 320GB by using three 120GB PATA drives... Just make sure that you change the power supply to higher rated and also change/add more system fans (you should be able to add at least 2 more plus power supply 120mm fan). Change all the PATA cables as well... Once done, just configure your new hard drives and double click on "drive config" located on the desktop... and this way you can utilize its maximum capacity.

If this system is Deluxe model, you could (if you already do not have it) add CD burner...

Good luck.. if you have question on any Intellex matter, let me know... We have a full facility that repairs, maintains and upgrades (dependent on Intellex version and packaging - desktop vs. rack mountable, you can have up to 4.0TB (4000GB) internal storage) of Intellex systems.. and if you need more info, let me know.