kao

CCTV Training - Has anyone used these guys?

http://www.nationaltrainingcenter.net/live/3527.xml

I am curious if anyone has used them and what opinions you might have about them.

Worth the money?

I have a lot of "Hands on" experience and have learned a lot from this site, but I sometimes feel like I am missing out on some basic principles. Maybe that is just plain old paranoia

Dont know.

But if you want to learn more indepth, then look at things like Cameras and Networking. Cameras meaning look at photography and that will give you a deeper look at how cameras work beyond the average CCTV knowledge. And Networking mainly for the IP based solutions as well as the Networked DVRs.

The IP side I am comfortable with. I have a 2 year degree in networking and that is the main focus of our business (network sales, design and support), while cctv is something we have been doing for only the past 5 years.

I'll look more into the camera/photography aspect as you pointed out.

also see if you can get your hands on an old multiplexer and Time lapse VCR and work with that for a while .. something like the GE / Kalatel, ATV, etc. and a CCTV CRT monitor, If you havent already that is. Gives a good idea on how things work (or use to), and really lets one know how limited it use to be. But also lets one that might only have experience with PC based know the differences and in some cases higher quality live video from the analogue systems (not compared to megapixel though).