http://www.cctvforum.com/viewtopic.php?p=66113&highlight=&sid=d33ae690a15c775d86ec4dfd38528ada#66113

If you are just starting out you can get most of this stuff at a Home Depot or equiv.

You may not get a good price as you may get off the internet, but I would say buy your tools from your CCTV distributor for now.

I would tell people to check around at the local pawn shops as well. Sometimes you would be surprised at what you find, or you can save a little bit of money.

Some of the Dish wholesalers have a lot of the tools, equipment, and parts at pretty good prices. We have one in Melbourne that is called Dow Electronics. They have Dish Network products, Sony products, HD antennas, ground straps, diplexors, and on, and on, and on!

They recently closed the Melbourne Location, and they moved everything to their Orlando Location.

I think I am going to cry! Now I have to pay for shipping!

I also get a lot of products from Interlect. I do not have to pay shipping as they are about 30 minute drive from me. They ship world wide, and it is nice to know that if I have a last minute need for something I can just take a drive to resolve an installation problem!

I will post the web link in the dealer section for those that want to know.