Sign in to follow this  
SUPRA VVTI

Dedicated Micros DVR internet connection?

Hello

I was just wondering if the old version Dedicated Micros Sprite 2 DVR's have WAN and LAN connection for remote viewing via the internet.

I've seen secondhand units for sale, some advertise the fact they have Wan and Lan and others don't.

I've had a look on their website and I'm still confused.

Thanks in advance

The legacy DS2 has a dedicated 10 Mbit/s network card like all other version this can then be networked onto a router for remote access but you will have to forward some port over to the IP address of the DS2 and setup the gateway etc.

You can find more information on how to setup the DS2 and more on my website under the PDF manuals section.

www.cctv4all.com

Thanks, just what I needed to hear.

I've just bought a secondhand Sprite 2 , built in dvd, 6 chanel with a 320 gig hard drive .

Paid £455

I'm thinking I should've bought a new Avtech instead for £360.

The digital sprites are a very good all in one solution, they have lots of different PTZ protocols and allow you to wire alarms directly into the unit which can be setup to drive your PTZ to a preset.

I think you got a fair deal for that price!

check the manufactures web site to see if you have the latest firmware if you press menu where the time and date is displayed if your unit is 3.1(165) DVTX then your rmachines motherboard is a DVTX and you should check to see what the latest version is for your DVTX motherboard.

http://www.dedicatedmicros.com/software_release/index_firmware.php

Networking, enter the relevant details as per my website to download the viewer software just enter the IP address of your DVR in your web browser and you can download the viewer / playback software onto your PC.