Smith

DVR suggestions - battery operated 2-4 channels

I'm looking for suggestions for a portable DVR with following requirements:

- battery operable (12vDC)

- at least 2 channels (4 would be ideal). NOTE - analogue (PAL) inputs as will be used with varying cameras

- ability to download video to PC at much better than real-time

- auto-record and/or built in timer for recording

- removable/replaceable HDD (although this is optional if the unit is cheap enough!)

Any ideas? I assume there are car-mountable type units around.

Thanks for any help.

Edited by Guest

Just purchased this 4 channel unit for a mobile application. 120G removable hard drive. This is an NTSC version but imagine they have a PAL version.

Thanks... Actually we have used that model, which is re-badged in Australia as a NESS product (and the MJPG versions) but are looking for alternatives. The support from the manufacturer has been very poor, and the product is finicky about what cameras it will work with. YMMV.

I have an AverDigi EB1304MOB. 4ch. 15 frames per second per channel in D1 when running 4 cameras.

The first one I got burned out when I turned it on, but the replacement has been fine. Not a moment of missed video yet and I've been running it for a month.

I do have a problem with the USB download though - when you export to MPG the audio is out of synch with the video. I can correct that with my video editign software, but such editing could have legal implications on the admissibility of the evidence. Aver is looking into it. Their online support has been pretty good.