camphric

SECURITY CAMERA FOR GARAGE

JUST BUILT A GARAGE 100MTRS FROM HOUSE

I AM LOOKING TO INSTALL SECURITY CAMERAS THAT WILL ACTIVATE VCR

WHEN BEAM IS BROKEN.

THESE CAMERAS ARE TO BE ABLE TO WORK IN THE DARKNESS.

APPRECIATE ANY ADVICE ON MAKE AND MODEL

JUST BUILT A GARAGE 100MTRS FROM HOUSE

I AM LOOKING TO INSTALL SECURITY CAMERAS THAT WILL ACTIVATE VCR

WHEN BEAM IS BROKEN.

THESE CAMERAS ARE TO BE ABLE TO WORK IN THE DARKNESS.

APPRECIATE ANY ADVICE ON MAKE AND MODEL

#1, what is your budget?

#2 - Will it be pitch dark?

#3 - What is the distance from the camera location, to the shed, will the camera be placed on your house looking at the shed?

Okay, for infrared in pitch dark, best products are ExtremeCCTV.com. They have IR Cameras in BW or Color/BW from 50' to 150' and LEDs that go up to 600' (approx). One thing though, theyarent cheap! But , if you need infrared, its better to use their products one time, as you will only end up wasting your money with other products, such as bullet Cameras with IR leds, claiming 20+ feet.

For VCR trigger, depends. You can use your beam connected to DVRs or Muxes, which will trigger alarm recording, and can send you email etc. With VCRs, you can can also do this, normally requiring a multiplexer or good quad.

Let us know what your budget is and someone here can help you pick a good solution for your applcication.

Here is something basic and ver inexpensive, wont use your beams but the built in motion instead, basic IR to probably 15-20 feet.Can add their VCR trigger device which will trigger the VCR upon motion.

http://www.specotech.com/cart/products/productDetails.asp?prodID=474

Rory

Rory

Thanks for the reply

The answer to your questions

1 Budget approx £100 ( excluding VCR)

2 Looking for a camera that will work in both daylight and dark

3 The max range for the camera approx 10mtrs, as I have power in the garage and would just leave the VCR there

Bill

With that kind of budget, I doubt that you will be able to find a good day/night camera, your best best is to get a BW camera, with a low LUX rating.

With that kind of budget, I doubt that you will be able to find a good day/night camera, your best best is to get a BW camera, with a low LUX rating.

i agree, most you may find for that is a low lux BW bullet camera.

i think that is around $200 right?

The provideo link i posted, that product, with the 1 camera and the device that makes the noise and plugs into your TV, sells for $180 approx, US wholesale.

You would have to go B/W with that budget and TAIWANESE... BLAH!!!

I don't know what you have against taiwanesse products, but after just coming back from there, I have to tell you that they have a very strict Q&A and they use practicly the same components as the big US based names.

I've used taiwanesse products for 5 years, and i have less than 1% of product problems.