I need DVR card with ability to send video in real time through LAN.Recording level is also important ,about 25fps for each cam.I need a video in good resolution.I already have recorder with 16 cams (9 pluged),it's Eurofocus 163DVR,but it's has 50fps recording.When I connected recorder to PC through LAN the video was slow with big intervals.What speed coonection will I need to send video in good resolution in real time through internet.I recall that I need 16 Channel DVR and I have 9 cams already working.What card can you suggest?

The type of dvr is up to you. But the answer to your question is this

4k per frame X 25 = 100k X 16 = 1.6 meg upstream and that is faster than a T1 & 1.5 meg up stream and 1.5 meg down stream. Depending on where you are at the internet cost will be $1000.00 a month or more just for you internet connection. You need to look at your budget what you can afford what you need to see if the video quality goes up so does the size of the frame size so know you hace a little more information to work with,

1,6 meg upstream is quite a lot.I was thinking if I can use WLAN connection??That would save my money I think.By the way I'm from Poland and where I live,i mean district, there is no good internet provider,especially with that upstream.I call to our Geovision distibutor and he said that I need minimum 1Mbit/s for one cam.For 16 Channel DVR it's 16 Mbit/s upstream.

WLAN is the internet connection on the routers we use. I also have 16 channel mpeg4 units working on T1's at 1.5 meg and it gets a little slugish when all 16 channels see a lot of motion at the same time. So the question I have is why do you need 16 realtime channels running? Not knowing where these go BANK or some other HIGH RISK location this may not be in your budget. 1 meg upstream per camera sounds way to high to me I have not seen that bandwidth used even with 30 frames and Highest Settings not sure where this dealer got his numbers from but I have only worked with 2 GEOVISIONS both less than version 7 and they were not that band hungry. I also have a customer running 16 channels 7 frames per second with 2 audio channels working on 512k upstream at Low Resolution with no problems. What I think you need to do is look at a local system with a known upstream speed and resolution and see what you can get to work with the speed you can afford to work with and design a system around your budget and bandwidth.

Well,I need it for bar.I need good resolution and smooth video in real time.I dont' say it must be 25fps for each cam but it has to be about 16.I've heard 16 fps is quite a lot and then video is quite smooth.

Someone told me that Geovision 2008 DVR card would be good for that.But I still don't know if I can send video through WLAN in real time,especially from 16 cams.Actually for this time I have only 9 cams working,but I might need more in the future.

I think the networking problem is not directly related to the DVR cards. There are some factors that has effect:

-Network bandwidth (very obvious): to solve this problem, you need to have money.

-The data size of each video frame: this significantly depends on the compression quality and video resolution you configured. Do some experiments on the 2 settings and see the result of local file. The data size to send over Network is the same as that to local file.

- The key-frame interval (I-frame):

Many people ignore this setting. This is a very important setting to avoid big time gap between frames for remote viewing. Set this value to around 2 seconds. Insufficient network bandwidth must cause frames-dropping. If unfortunately a key frame is dropped, all frames until the next key frame will becomes useless and be dropped too (a bad program may even send the garbage frames, which deteriorate the problem). So you should be able to imagine what happens if you set this value high.