topspin

24v ac adapter question

I just got a CNB BE3815NVR camera. It came with a 24V ac adapter model GMT2450. The adapter has 3 connector screws but the camera has 2 wires for AC. The 3 connector screws on the adapter are unlabelled. What goes where?

Thanks.

I havent used a 24VAC Transformer with 3 screws, but if going by some box cameras, the 2 outer screws would be 24VAC, and doesnt matter which way the wires go on those. Just a guess though, dont want to burn anything up though so maybe need to wait for someone else to tune in. Are there no markings at all on it?

What does your multimeter show?

I have never seen one like this either!

I wonder if you can pull 12 volt ac (not for a camera) with one outer, and one centertap?

Myself, I would use a voltmeter to be sure. I always do anyway. I have several of those "plug-in" type of transformers that can be configured for 12vac as well as 24vac. Using a meter would save a lot of headaches.

Thanks for all the replies. I considered using my multimeter but then I just went with the outer 2 screws. There was no marking on them whatsover but I just went with how the plug is aligned with the 2 outer plugs being used for power and the middle for ground. It works.

Does anyone know how I can use a multimeter to test the 120V sockets? I have a client that has some indoor wirelss ip cameras (Airlink AIC250W) and he keeps having to power down and power on the cameras every few weeks after they lose their signal. The configuration is fine as are the wireless routers, so I'm thinking it might be something to do with a surge or sag in voltage. My client did tell me he's had power issues.

So I'd like to know how to use the multimeter to test the outlets and what would be the acceptable range of voltage.

Does anyone know how I can use a multimeter to test the 120V sockets? I have a client that has some indoor wirelss ip cameras (Airlink AIC250W) and he keeps having to power down and power on the cameras every few weeks after they lose their signal. The configuration is fine as are the wireless routers, so I'm thinking it might be something to do with a surge or sag in voltage. My client did tell me he's had power issues.

So I'd like to know how to use the multimeter to test the outlets and what would be the acceptable range of voltage.

Very common for Airlink (aka Vivotek) to loose WI-FI connection

does not surprise me

You could just insert the ends into the socket to read it .. dont touch the metal while its in there ofcourse.

Otherwise, could get some Voltage Regulators, some of them come with an LCD display which tells you the exact voltage also. You can connect them to the PC as well and then record the levels over time. I've used the APC units for this exact purpose, was the UPS with built in AVR, has the USB cable and software for the PC.