joe4

FPS / KBS Web Demo

On the geovision demos I look at it seems that the fps is around 10 and the kbs is about the same. Does this mean that 1 frame is about 1 kb?

Would that also mean that the quality I can expect from my 786 up DSL to be full motion on the web viewer? I am setting up a store with 4 cameras and the only viewer the owner will be using is the web client and I would like to demo something close to what he can expect for quality.

record tv 60 sec or more of complex fast moving video and divide to get 1 fps size mpeg4 is not a 1 frame base video only if moving fast ( ~60fps or faster changing video you will have full frame size limited by compresion )

typ fast moving complex size of 1fps video for mpeg4 for 320x240 is 8-25k depending on compresion level and as low as ~1k if not much is change from frame to frame,so for good start 15k for frame as calc base and 768k adsl line

~ 75k : 15k = 5fps of fast moving video at fair pixalation so you can watch video at 2x size 640 x480

dusan

Dusan, just an observation, most of what you generally post, even us advanced users dont understand, let alone a beginning end user. I dont know if there is a language barrier here, but anyway.

Try to keep it a little more simple for us simple folks