JeremyH

Sensormatic Speed Dome. Help...

I've ran some searches and can't exactly find a thread with the same problem I'm having. I have a Sensormatic Speed Dome I belive it to be one of the early versions of the Ultra. Its been in place and working fine for god knows how many years (store was built in 98) and last week the camera video went black and loss it's signal. I reviewed the intellex to see if it was hit by anything, but no the video feed dimmed it's self and went out. I did a dome reset and everything was fine untill last night. came in in the am and it had a very dark and heavily distorted picture. I checked the intellex and it didn't even come up as having a signal. Reviewed video and it just went out. I tried doing a reset and it wont respond. TouchTracker says reset in progress, but knothing happens. I can tell it had a live shot and it wasn't just a frozen image because when someone was in view I could see blurry distorted things moving around. No movement from the touchtracker either. I went up and pulled the camera from the i/o board and from what I can remember the POWER and COMM LED's should both be lit, correct? This dome just has the Green power LED on. Has anyone had this happen to them and if so are there any solutions besides having to call in a repair. It's the end of the year and there just isn't money in the budget for an ADT call.

I've ran some searches and can't exactly find a thread with the same problem I'm having. I have a Sensormatic Speed Dome I belive it to be one of the early versions of the Ultra. Its been in place and working fine for god knows how many years (store was built in 98) and last week the camera video went black and loss it's signal. I reviewed the intellex to see if it was hit by anything, but no the video feed dimmed it's self and went out. I did a dome reset and everything was fine untill last night. came in in the am and it had a very dark and heavily distorted picture. I checked the intellex and it didn't even come up as having a signal. Reviewed video and it just went out. I tried doing a reset and it wont respond. TouchTracker says reset in progress, but knothing happens. I can tell it had a live shot and it wasn't just a frozen image because when someone was in view I could see blurry distorted things moving around. No movement from the touchtracker either. I went up and pulled the camera from the i/o board and from what I can remember the POWER and COMM LED's should both be lit, correct? This dome just has the Green power LED on. Has anyone had this happen to them and if so are there any solutions besides having to call in a repair. It's the end of the year and there just isn't money in the budget for an ADT call.

Here are few things to try before you call the service tech...

When you reseted the dome, did you try to reset it at the J-Box?? Even so, use a different port at the J-Box and see if that could do the trick. It is not uncommon for a port at the J-Box to go down.

If you have a multiple domes, take this dome and plug it in a different dome location to see if the problem follows. If so, it does not mean you have a bad camera/lens etc, rather could be I/O board that went bad.

At the worst case scenario, if none of the above work, send me PM... We can have it repaired much cheaper through American Dynamics than ADT could without charging service call fees twice (you know how they do it, first they come to pick it up and charge and then come back the second time and charge again). Instead, we can arrange it to be repaired and drip shipped back to your location..

Thanks. I thought about moving the camera to another housing to see if it was the i/o board. It read a install manual somewhere on line that read that if the COMM led doesnt flash then the "-" data line is grounded. I dont know how that could be if knowones ever touched it before. I've seen i/o boards on ebay for cheap before does one size fits all with the ultra domes??? also, i read that there is a way to install them w/o the i/o board. is it possible to get the pins needed to do this? Im gonna give another port in my j-box a try. i have one more port available.

thanks a million

Yes, you can use a plug that snaps into the back of the camera, thereby eliminating the need for the I/O board. IIRC the plug comes in a kit with the micro-BNC pigtail which will also be needed for non-I/O board use.

However, I would first try swapping dome/IO Boards to see where the problem is. Then, try swapping I/O Boards at the problem location. See if it is the I/O board, camera, or wires. And as you are already doing, try a different J-box output. If no more J-Box outputs that work are available, you can double up on an existing output, or, if the cable itself is damaged, string coax from the nearest other Sensormatic PTZ for power and data, and let the video run on the old composite cable.

I use Sensormatic products at my store, but CCTV Supplies can (most likely) get you the micro-BNC and the plugs you'll need.

Thanks Ranger. I'll let u guys know in the next couple of days my findings. Any ideas on how much one of those kits cost to hook up w/o an i/o board? worst case senerio wouldn't it be cheaper going that route than getting another i/o board?

The kits I bought a few years ago had 5 micro-BNC pigtails, and one set of connectors for power, data, and alarm with a mountable base. Cost for these was about the price of a TV series DVD box set.

The I/O boards are typically a lot more than that.

A supplier here may be able to get you an exact price via PM.

The kits I bought a few years ago had 5 micro-BNC pigtails, and one set of connectors for power, data, and alarm with a mountable base. Cost for these was about the price of a TV series DVD box set.

The I/O boards are typically a lot more than that.

A supplier here may be able to get you an exact price via PM.

Hi i have a sensormatic speeddome and have blown a chip in it wondering if anyone knows where to get it fixed? any help will be much apriciated thanks sam.

Another one is

Alternative Security Systems

24414 South Main Street #202

Carson, CA 90745

Telephone/FAX

(310) 522-4555

(800) 572-3390 Toll Free

(310) 830-5889 - Fax...