I have about 60' to bridge and running a cable would be very difficult anybody know how reliable these Chinese 2.4ghz AV units on Ebay are how good is the quality if poor can anyone recommend a good on thanks, John.

I acutally tried 2 of thse ebay units on a job awhile ago...one worked flawlessly and the other one constantly gave me image issuses. I ended up rigging wire runs about 30 feet in the air in the end because everytime id fix the problem a few days later it would act up again...that was just my experience with a 35 ft building to building use.

I plan to have the reciever about 20' off the ground and the transmitter about 14' what power output did you use? I know I wont need a lot I would rather have a 2watt running at 100mw OP power than a 100mw flat out as long as it is reliable 24/7! did you go for a cheap variety or the more expensive? John.

i just looked on ebay and I dont see the one I used...i cant remember the specs thats the only wireless units ive ever experimented with but i used them on a couple infrared cameras...but like i said that one trans/rec worked flawlessly (insert you get what you pay for comments here, but for $25 i thought it was woth a shot too)

Many of the Chinese made transmitters refer to the power consumed by the unit and not the power output. The 1.2 gig 1 watt units have given me mixed results but will usually go 100 to 150' 2.4 gig band has everything on it: cheap wireless video, cordless phones and wireless internet. If there is any way for you to run cable do it that way its the most stable.