ronbo

repairing a ganz ZC-D3210PHA

hi all i have one of these and we taken it out just after it went dead, and its stayed like that for a while now im looking to find out if its possible to fix but drawing a blank, power seems to be going though the unit but no picture and doent seem to try and give a picture.

pritty much i need to know if it one of those jobs that is not worth spending time working out the fault of if there is a common fault that can be fix

any ideas welcome

ron

hi all i have one of these and we taken it out just after it went dead, and its stayed like that for a while now im looking to find out if its possible to fix but drawing a blank, power seems to be going though the unit but no picture and doent seem to try and give a picture.

pritty much i need to know if it one of those jobs that is not worth spending time working out the fault of if there is a common fault that can be fix

any ideas welcome

ron

Ron, chances are your product code is incorrect... I think you meant to say ZC-D3210EHA or ZC-D3210NHA

There is not much you can do with this type of minidome... First of all, check the warranty - these units come with 3 years warranty, so if you can show when you bought it, CBC could fix it at no additional cost, if applicable.

Otherwise, check the interconnectivity ribbons between the board and the lens and see if anything may be loose or damaged..

Had a very good luck with these type of domes... Some were failed due to the camera that went out of commission.. and because they were under warranty, we got them repaired by this manufacturer...

Worst case scenario, you can have it fixed by CBC... It is not as bad as you may think, but it is much cheaper than getting the new unit.

ZC-D3210PHA is a PAL format camera.

Stating the obvious, have you tried testing it with the detachable service monitor cable to a portable service monitor?

Jack

Worst case scenario, you can have it fixed by CBC... It is not as bad as you may think, but it is much cheaper than getting the new unit.

Not really. In my experience, CBC will charge nearly as much to fix the camera as it costs to replace it.

Not really. In my experience, CBC will charge nearly as much to fix the camera as it costs to replace it.

Not if you really support their product lines... I have seen them bending over backwards to accommodate many end users... and in some cases, did not even charge for out of warranty items...

Yes, they often do. Then again, ours were struck by lightning . But for the average user, fixed cameras are rarely cost-effective to repair once the warranty expires.