MJ Visuals

Can anyone help with an audio issue on my GV 800 card?

Hi,

I have just installed a GV 800 card with 4 camera/audio inputs onto a Dell Pc. When I boot up the GV 800 program there is a distortion or crackling produced. Even with the 4 microphones that I have set up are disconnected from the audio connections on the GV 800 there is still this distortion or crackling (the audio source has also been proven as I connected the microphones straight to the sound card and there were no issues).

At a loss really as to what the problem might be, i'm wondering if there is a fault with the GV 800 audio card? If anyone has experienced this problem or knows anything about it a reply would be much appreciated!

Many thanks - Simon

Maybe a driver issue also, can you get a cheap $5 sound card and try that? I never depend on the onboard audio anymore, especially since most audip chipsets are being made for Vista now, on XP it can be nothing but trouble.

Thanks for the reply. Just to confirm, do you recommend buying a cheap sound card with audio inputs and not use the GV 800 audio card? There is a sound card already in the PC but it has no phono inputs which is what I need.

Still need the Geo Audio, though if a problem with the PC audio, could also effect the Geo's audio recording/playback, actually could effect the entire system, or at least the audio output. You could also try setting the sound scheme to NONE, meaning no XP sounds. I do that for all DVRs I setup.

Sound related problems.

http://www.cctvforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=9354

Hi,

I have just installed a GV 800 card with 4 camera/audio inputs onto a Dell Pc. When I boot up the GV 800 program there is a distortion or crackling produced. Even with the 4 microphones that I have set up are disconnected from the audio connections on the GV 800 there is still this distortion or crackling (the audio source has also been proven as I connected the microphones straight to the sound card and there were no issues).

At a loss really as to what the problem might be, i'm wondering if there is a fault with the GV 800 audio card? If anyone has experienced this problem or knows anything about it a reply would be much appreciated!

Many thanks - Simon

Hi! In fact the way the audio has been made on the GV cards is not quit good, there can be interference from the video stream onto the audio stream and this can also be the other way. The audio/video stream is going very near eachother on the Geovision card without any real protection. But if this is your problem I dont know. Can you upload a audiofile with the noise?

JD