libertysurveillance

question re: installing cams for multiple bldgs...

Looking for professional opinions... I have an installation of 40 cameras over 2 buildings. The main bldg (Bldg A) is 200'x60 and the second bldg (Bldg B) is 100'x60'. They are approx. 100' apart with the monitoring office in bldg A.

25 cams in A, and 15 in bldg B. Question.. do I put GEO in Bldg B, then connect it to a PC running Center V2 in bldg A? Then I have (3) screens in A. (2 DVR's for the 25 cams) and the PC running the Center V2 software. or do I instead run all the cam wires from B back to A, and put the DVR there, next to the other 2?

Which would you do, or what better solution would you offer?

Thank you.

I would use a headless DVRs in each building and a monitoring station in building A. This will allow for a single Cat5 to run between buildings. I would highly suggest running more then one Cat5, probably 5 Cat5 and one fiber. Then in the future you can runt network and IP cameras over the fiber and keep your analogs with baluns on the 5 Cat5s. Assuming they go to a larger DVR or IP cams in the future.

I would use homerun almost exlusively Cat5 and 18-2 with power supplies in each building. Then bridge the 2 buildings with the previsouly mentioned concept.