bruno

Kalatel on Ebay

I have seen many Kalatel DVMRE's for sale on ebay. Some say they are new, some say factory refurbished, some used. There seems to be the same 3-4 people who have been selling them for a while now so I'm not worried about getting ripped off out-right, just not sure about if I'm going to run into anty problems buying one from them (reliabilty of unit, warranty...). They are by far selling for the best prices I have found. Anyone advise for or against this avenue?

Thanks

I imagine there is no warranty right??

Think of it as buying a used computer, the hard drive could be bad also from being dropped or thrown around.

Bruno,

If possible, find out the serial number of this unit before you buy. Chances are they will not give it to you, which should be yet another indication why you should not buy. If they do, then it is a simple phone call to GE Security (let me know if you need their phone number) and then they can tell you if this product is in warranty or not. Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Levon

I've looked at some of these, but in most cases the DVR ended up selling for either more than I could get it for from a legitimate distributor under my VPA, or not enough of a discount to warrant the risk. Do you have a specific example of one you are considering bidding on?

Forget Kalatel, unless you need 16 cameras, I just got the Nadatel and it rocks, it has looping outputs, USB back up CDRW back up, network back up, programable switcher, 100FPS remote web client, remote softwrae, email support, remote control, and transmits in larger res than a Geo and it records in MPEG2, it has 2x rs232 converters and alarm inputs and outputs, not to mention 4 ch audio... man for $500US without HDD it really rocks!

DVR, what price are you going to be selling it for? And can a person buy say 1 unit at a time?

Tanks

Dont think it will be on this side for a little while yet thats why I ask. I could get someone here to buy one and that would be my demo

Rory

Few things I didnt notice earlier, it only plays back one camera at a time and log play is nothing compared to kalatel, a real pain, but it is manageble, falls short there but it is only new, also the CDRW version is more expensive we will probably sell it around $1300 AUD, I dont know what the conversion is on top of my head (and too lazy to look) but I magine thats around $1000 US without HDD, another drawback I can see is only supports two IDE devices, one HDD and one CDRW or two HDD.

I havent had time to test it fully yet, we are still negoitiating with them for exclusive but now that I have opened my trap about it, somene else will probably be doing the same.

We wont relase it to market for some time as testing will need to be done on it and only hd short time to look at it but it looks the goods.