How to install an Axis 207MW with an avermedia card?

I am trying to test out an Axis 207mw with an avermedia system and I'm having some troubles. I try to setup cam one as an IP cam, I eneter the IP, ports, user name and pw and it doesn't fail to connect, but it doesn't show any video. I've redced the res down to 320x240 with no luck. What is thr trick?

I tried both the motion Jpeg and the mpeg 4 with no luck. I can view the camera from IE from the DVR but can't log in from the Aver software and just assume I must be missing something.

I tried both the motion Jpeg and the mpeg 4 with no luck. I can view the camera from IE from the DVR but can't log in from the Aver software and just assume I must be missing something.

Dear Customr,

Can I know what product sku you would like to access Axis IP cam and which version of software you are running?

Please be noted that you need to update to 7.1.0.0057j to obtain most updated IP camera support.

Thanks

I installed a patch for version j of the software, but still no luck. I then took a look at the list of supported cameras, and the nv3000 card wasn't listed anymore, only he NV5000, so I bet it has something to do with this.

From what I remember is that you can use one port on NV3000 for IP cameras but I'll confirm with my vendor if that has changed in new release and try to get back to you but here is the link from AVer Global web site and from the Vendor I buy from and they both mention IP Support for NV3000.

http://www.avermedia.com/EN/Default.aspx?TYPE=vipplayercard.htm&PT=product&tv_TCAT_POS=0&CATNO0=B&CATNO1=BC&CNT=1&PID=2353

http://www.avermedia-dvr.com/proddetail.asp?prod=NV3000

1.Yes, every time you add IP Cam you will loose

1 hardwire channel

2.Works ok for me so far

would be nice if Aver can support full resolution recoding

it got to the point I had call Aver USA and almost prove to them

but finaly they agree

It does record and backup full resolution, but it resizes the image to 800x600 when you backup. When you zoom you will notice that full resolution and the pixel are there just like how the Mega Pixel camera is or was originally set at the time of recording.

It does record and backup full resolution, but it resizes the image to 800x600 when you backup. When you zoom you will notice that full resolution and the pixel are there just like how the Mega Pixel camera is or was originally set at the time of recording.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

E-mail from Avermedia

Dear customer,

Our apologies for the delay in our response.

We have spoken to our RD department. Currently the recording and output resolutions are limited. The largest you can get is going to be 800x600. But with megapixel cameras, the clarity will be superior then standard cameras. The RD has assured me that the limitations will be lifted in version 7.3 of our software. You will be able to record and output at full resolution of the camera, so you will be able to get 1 to 1 pixel ratio. We do not have an exact date when 7.3 will be released but it will available in early 2008. Please let us know if you have any additional questions.

------------------------------------------------------------------

Any ???

Ok did the research on the equipment and decided to purchase the Avermedia NV5000. I am looking to run a 4 cam system around my home. However Just received the CCD Cams which look great!

However after looking at the cabling supplied i have not got a clue what to do next. So please forgive my ignorance to all you cctv buffs out there but i really could do with your help on this, plus it would really impress the wife if i manage to get it working. So help on the following would be great.

1, How do i cable from the Avermedia card to the cams.

2, What other connectors do i need etc.

I'm not particularly bothered about sound, just want good quality Pictures. Any diagrams/websites would also be a huge help.

Many Thanks

Aver is somewhat full of it on the megapixel claims, you can take it in but you can't seem to get it out.

800x600 is not megapixel, better then NTSC and VGA but not megapixel either.